Centennial Professor of Economics
Professor Magenheim's CV
- Download Professor Magenheim's CV [pdf]
- “Is Attention Produced Optimally? Theory and Evidence from Take-up of Bandwidth Enhancements," [pdf] with Erin T. Bronchetti, Judd B. Kessler, Dmitry Taubinsky, and Eric Zwick, Econometrica (forthcoming).
- "Frames that Matter: Increasing the Willingness to Get the Covid-19 Vaccines," (with Sean Diament and Ayse Kaya), Social Science and Medicine, November 2021.
- "Hypertension Treatment Rates and Health Worker Density: An Analysis of Worldwide Data," (with Rajesh Vedanthan, Mondira Ray, and Valentin Fuster), Hypertension, 73 (3), 2019, pp. 594-601.
- "Attention, Intentions, and Follow-Through in Preventive Health Behavior: Evidence from a Field Experiment on Flu Vaccination," (with Erin Bronchetti and David Huffman), Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 116, 2015, pp. 270-291.
- "Liberal Arts Colleges and the Production of PhD Economists," (with Philip Jefferson), Journal of Economic Education, Vol. 46, No. 2, April 2015, pp. 189-199.
- "When a Nudge isn’t Enough: Defaults and Savings of Low- Income Tax Filers," (with Erin Bronchetti, Thomas Dee, and David Huffman), National Tax Journal, 66(3), 2013, pp. 609-634.
Work in Progress
- "When Getting Health Care Poses a Health Risk: an Examination of Changes in Health Care Utilization During the Covid-19 Pandemic and the Difficulty of Evaluating Health Risks," (with Erin Bronchetti, Ethan Bergmann, Cami Brix, Toan Cao, and Helena Irvine)
- "When What You Don't Know Can Hurt: Health Insurance Coverage, Out-of-Pocket Costs, and Preventive Care," (with Erin Bronchetti, Evelien Van Gelderen, and Sarah Wheaton)
- "Is Attention Produced Rationally?" (with Erin Bronchetti, Judd Kessler, Dmitry Taubinsky, and Eric Zwick), NBER Working Paper 27433
Recent Popular Press
- "Fom Pfizer to Phi Beta Kappa: Getting Campuses Vaccinated," with Erin Bronchetti, Benjamin Bohman, Quin Seivold, and Keyan Shayegan, Inside Higher Education, February 8, 2021.
- "Philadelphians need third-round stimulus payments to be issued smoothly this time," with Erin Bronchetti, Philadelphia Inquirer, February 5, 2021.
- "Should the government pay people to take the COVID-19 vaccine? | Pro/Con," with Erin Bronchetti, Philadelphia Inquirer, January 6, 2021.
- Health Economics
- Global Health
- Economics of the Family
- Public Policy Research Seminar
- Introduction to Economics
- Intermediate Microeconomics