The Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research & Assessment conducts research to support planning and decision making across campus. This includes coordinating the collection and dissemination of campus data for both internal and external reporting purposes.
- Special studies — Conduct specialized studies in support of campus needs and priorities
- Trend analysis — Inform the college community about campus and external trends
- Peer comparisons — Summarize information about comparison institutions
- Survey research — Coordinate and report on survey research
- Assessment — Provide support for academic and administrative assessment efforts
- Factbook — Prepare an annual factbook
- Mandated reporting — Coordinate state and IPEDS (Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System) reporting
- Liaison to consortia — Serve as institutional research liaison for consortia such as HEDS (Higher Education Data Sharing), COFHE (Consortium on Financing Higher Education), and AICUP (Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania).