About The Initiative
Utilizing diverse perspectives, we strategically prioritize academic, intellectual, and interpersonal projects through enriched community collaboration and interconnectedness to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at Swarthmore College and beyond.
- This initiative is designed to foster a campus climate of inclusive excellence, increase diverse recruitment/retention, create opportunities for development and programming, and improve communication and coordination for DEI work.
- This peer-based diversity initiative offers opportunities for student fellows to work with the Swarthmore College community to identify, research, present solutions for, and implement DEI projects.
- Inclusive Excellence Fellows collaborate with faculty and administrators as mentors to conduct research throughout the year.
- The findings from Inclusive Excellence Fellows will expand the Inclusive Excellence Team mission to promote collaborative DEI work and foster growth, recruitment, and retention.
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity for students to get involved with DEI at Swarthmore College and make institutional change by identifying and recommending possible solutions to systemic institutional issues.
- Opportunities to enhance relationships between students, faculty, and administration.