For singular events, please consult the College calendar.
Faculty Study Hall
- Every Monday throughout the semester, faculty across all ranks are invited to mingle in a quiet work space with good food and coffee to work on their projects. Faculty Study Hall is on hiatus for now due to COVID-19.
- Every other Monday during the semester, first year faculty are invited to a lunch series that continues orientation to the college and introduces faculty to academic and institutional topics and resources. This is a chance to meet with your cohort and get to know key members of the academic community.
Second Tuesday Café Series
- In the 2020-21 academic year, following Swarthmore College’s COVID-19 protocols, we have chosen to suspend our Second Tuesday Cafe series for the entire academic year. Our leadership team felt that while some form of online format for Second Tuesday was possible, we believe that the in-person nature of the cafes was important to their success. We expect to return to hosting the series in 2021-22.
Wednesday Faculty Lunch Series
- Every week, faculty are invited to gather for lunch as a member of the academic community presents a short and informal talk based on current research, teaching or institutional initiatives. Social lunch begins at noon. Presentations start at 12:30.
Faculty Lecture Series
- This series presents research lectures by faculty returning from a college-funded one-year sabbatical and those wanting to present their research findings to the greater academic community. In the tradition of the liberal arts, lecturers pitch their talks to the diverse public, valuing inspiration and dialogue. Talks last 30-45 minutes followed by Q and A. There are usually 3-4 lectures every semester.