Local, National & International Meetings
Swarthmore students engage in cutting-edge research which they present at national and international meetings.
- Chemistry and Biochemistry Department Well Represented at Regional Chemistry Conference
Students Aaron Holmes ’18, Mackinsey Smith ‘19, Hayley Raymond ’18, Arka Rao ‘18, Henry Wilson ’18, Laela Ezra ‘19, Allan Gao ‘19, Linda Lin ‘20, Elise Kim ‘18, Linda Lee ‘18 and Audra Woodside ’19 attended the ACS MARM meeting in June 2017.
- Chem majors Deondre Jordan ’19 and Barrett Powell ’18 attended the 6th International Meeting on Quadruplex Nucleic Acids [pdf], held in Prague May 31-June 3, 2017.
- Prospective Biochem Major Deondre Jordan '19 attended ABRCMS in Tampa
- Professor Liliya Yatsunyk, along with research students Barrett Powell '18, Irene Xiang '18, Sayed Malawi '18 and Deondre Jordan '19 went to the 252nd ACS National meeting in Philadelphia, held Aug 21-25, 2016. Professor Liliya Yatsunyk and Barrett Powell (whose talk was titled 'Ligand-driven pursuit of structure of d(CAGAGG)n repeats') gave oral presentations while Sayed Malawi, Irene Xiang, and Deondre Jordan presented posters.
- Chem Major Josh Turek-Herman'16, and his advisor, Professor Liliya Yatsunyk attended MASIS in July, 2014 at Temple University. more…
- Shawn Kim '14 won a 2014 Travel Award to present his research at the Biophysical Society 58th Annual Meeting, to be held February 15-19, in San Francisco, California.
- Honors Chemistry majors Michelle Ferreira '14, Steven Barret '13, Jack Nicoludis '12, Navin Sabharwal '14, and Vienna Tran '13 presented their research on the interactions between porphyrins and human telomeric DNA performed under the guidance of Professor Liliya Yatsunyk at the 244th ACS National Meeting on August 19 - 23, 2012 in Philadelphia.
- Several Swatties, Kei Saotome '11, Patrick Hartnett '11, and other alumni, attended the Biophysical Society Meeting in Baltimore MD. more...
- Honors Biochemistry Major Jack Nicoludis ‘12 presents research at the Third International Meeting on G-quadruplexes and G-assembly in Naples, Italy on June 29th, 2011. more...
- Jessica Thomaston '10 presents at the Biophysical Society's 54th annual meeting in San Francisco, CA.
- Chenge Mahomva '11 attends the Biomedical Research Conference for minority students.
- Joravar Dhaliwal'12 and Kathryn Riley'10 present a poster at the 55th International Conference on Analytical Sciences and Spectroscopy in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
- Laura Wang '10 presents research at the 238th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society in Washington DC.