What to Bring
Here are a few things you may want to throw in your suitcase for Alumni Weekend:
- Camera, scrapbooks, Swarthmore memorabilia, old photos, and anything else that will make the weekend special. Just make sure you put your name on anything important in case it's accidentally left behind.
- Help us reduce single-use plastic waste by bringing a reusable water bottle; bottle filling stations are available across campus.
- The weather in late May can be unpredictable. We strongly recommend bringing a light jacket, umbrella, sunscreen, sun hat, and mosquito repellent. Keep an eye on the forecast before your arrival.
- The Matchbox Fitness Center will be open during Alumni Weekend, so bring your workout gear to take full advantage. Mullan Indoor Tennis Center and Ware Pool are closed for the summer.
- Alumni and guests age 18 and over will need to complete an Athletic Facilities Waiver and PAR-Q to use the Matchbox. Copies of the form will be available at the check-in desk in the Matchbox.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Matchbox.
Don't worry! If you forget something, chances are you’ll find what you need at the Swarthmore Campus & Community Store.
What to Bring if You're Staying on Campus
On-campus housing is in residence halls and rooms are equipped with only the bare essentials: two sheets, one pillow and pillowcase, one blanket, and two towels. Bathrooms are communal and rooms with private baths are not available. Most dorms do not have air conditioning.
When staying on campus in buildings with air conditioning, please do not open your windows if you are cold; this can cause the air conditioner to collect condensation and your room will become damp. The temperature is adjustable through a unit in your room (typically by the door), and we recommend bringing extra layers in case of a chill.
With this in mind, we recommend bringing:
Shower shoes or sandals
Toiletries case or shower tote
Reusable water bottle
Hair dryer and styling tools
Clothing iron or steamer
Surge protector or power strip
Extra pillows, blankets, and towels
Children may bring sleeping bags and share parents’ rooms for no extra charge. We cannot provide cribs during Alumni Weekend; please bring your own if you anticipate needing one.