Composing with Nature: Jason Singh, Sound Artist in Residence
Award-winning sound artist Jason Singh composes using nature-based sounds, such as electrical impulses in plants. Through art, science, and activism, Singh’s virtual residency will engage the College community and the public with our hyper-local environment, the Crum Woods, and explore the nature that surrounds us in a new way.
- Nature Beatboxing Workshop
- Saturday, April 8, 10 am - 12 pm
- Scheuer Room, Kohlberg Hall
- This workshop will explore working with wildlife and nature sounds and how to integrate them into traditional musical beatboxing.
- Training: Gathering Sounds from Nature
- Sunday, April 9, 10-10:45 am
- Zoom; all are welcome, but please register in advance
- Be part of a musical collaboration! Jason Singh will instruct community members on ways to find and record sounds from nature; Jason will compose the collected sounds into a collaborative musical piece that will be released on Earth Day.
- Land:Scapes: Meditative Guided Walks
- Saturday, April 22: 7-8 AM, 12-1 PM, and 7-8 PM
- Meet in front of Parrish Hall
- These mindful and meditative walks aim to inspire participants to acknowledge our landscape as a constantly transforming, living composition by using the body as a holistic listening instrument. This is a rain or shine event; weather appropriate clothing and closed-toed shoes are recommended. These 1 hour walks will be led by different community members starting at 7 AM, 12 PM, and 7 PM. All walks will start by meeting in front of Parrish Hall; join us for one or for all!