Capstone Spring 2000 Readings
Environmental Studies 91: Capstone Seminar - Swarthmore College - Spring 2000
Water and Watershed Studies
(last updated: 14 - February, 2000)
- Textbooks (for sale in bookstore)
- Donahue, John M. and Barbara Rose Johnston (ed.). Water, Culture, & Power: Local Struggles in a Global Context, Island Press (1998).
- Leopold, Luna B. Water, Rivers, and Creeks, University Science Books (1997).
- Pielou, E.C. Fresh Water, University of Chicago Press (1998).
- Riley, Ann L. Restoring Streams in Cities: A Guide for Planners, Policymakers, and Citizens, Island Press (1998).
- Assigned Reserve Reading (in Cornell Library) and Handouts
- Chester Creek Preliminary Findings Report, prepared by the Natural Lands Trust for Chester-Ridley-Crum Watersheds Association, May 28, 1999.
- Cole, Gerald A. Textbook of Limnology, Third Edition, Waveland Press (1983).
- Ferguson, Bruce K. Introduction to Stormwater, John Wiley and Sons (1998).
- McGarity, Arthur E. Watershed Assessment of Crum Creek: Decision Support for a Community-Based Partnership, Proposal submitted to the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection's Section 319 Nonpoint Source Management Program, April, 1999 (accepted for funding July, 1999).
- Nemerow, Nelson L. Stream, Lake, Estuary, and Ocean Pollution, Van Nostrand Reinhold (1991).
- Pennsylvania Handbook of Best Management Practices for Developing Areas, prepared by CHM2M-Hill, Spring 1998.
- ReVelle, Penelope and Charles ReVelle. The Global Environment: Securing a Sustainable Future, Jones and Bartlett Publishers (1992).
- Ridley Creek Conservation Plan, prepared by the Natural Lands Trust for Chester-Ridley-Crum Watersheds Association, February, 1997.
- Tchobanoglous, George and Edward D. Schroeder, Water Quality: Characteristics, Modeling, Modification, Addison Wesley Publishing Company, (1987).
- Viessman, Warren and Claire Welty. Water Management: Technology and Institutions, Harper and Row Publishers (1985).
- Additional Reserve Reading
- Campbell, Craig S. and Michael Ogden. Constructed Wetlands in the Sustainable Landscape, John Wiley and Sons, (1999)