Provides support for "an initial postgraduate year of independent study and travel abroad." The Foundation "hopes to provide Fellows an opportunity for a focused and disciplined Wanderjahr of their own devising." Students plan out a year long program visiting any number of countries . Students may not attend school or work during the year, and no language requirements apply.
- U.S. citizenship is NOT required.
- Open to graduating seniors ONLY.
September 22, 2014
How to Apply
Request an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 610-328-8363. Turn in all the following materials to Parrish 118 or 122 by the internal deadline, above:
- Internal Application (Watson Cover Sheet) [PDF]
- Watson Recommendation Form [PDF]
- 1500 word personal statement
- 1500 word project proposal
- The Fellowships and Prizes Committee reviews all applications, resumes, essays and recommendations.
- Based on the applications, the Committee invites approximately 10 candidates for interviews.
- Based on application materials, interviews, and recommendations, the Committee selects four nominees. Nominees have an opportunity to revise their essays prior to Watson's national deadline.
- Nominees complete on-line applications and submit their applications and all supporting materials (including recommendations) to the Watson Foundation. Deadline to be announced.
- All nominees receive a one-hour, on-campus interview with a member of Watson's national selection committee.
- Final selections are posted on Watson's web site on March 15, 2014.
Zhengyang Wang '14, "Children of Butterfiles: Ranching Beauty Around the Globe," Costa Rica, Australia, Papua New Guinea, Malaysia, Tanzania