Fellowships and Prizes
Office of Fellowships and Prizes
Whether you are interested in spending time overseas, doing independent research, or going to graduate school, the office of Fellowships and Prizes can help you apply for nationally and internationally competitive grants to help you realize your goals. These include the Fulbright, Watson, Rhodes, Goldwater, Udall, and many others for undergraduates, graduating seniors, and alumni.
Resources available to you through the Fellowships and Prizes Office include:
- counseling on which grant opportunities fit you best
- guidance on the application process
- assistance in writing and revising your personal statements and project proposals
- interview preparation
- referrals to resources and information on major scholarships
- advice from past scholarship winners and finalists
The process of applying for fellowships and awards is often more about the journey than the final destination. Regardless of whether or not you win an award, the application process will help you clarify your goals for the future, find out more about yourself and your value systems, improve your writing and interviewing skills, and even give you a head start on preparing graduate school application materials.
For more information and to talk to an advisor, visit the Fellowships and Prizes Office in Parrish 122.