Awarded to seniors and graduates of Swarthmore College (with no age limits) for an initial year of advanced graduate work. Swarthmore Fellowships carry a stipend of $5,000, paid directly to the school of your choice in two installments. Available fellowships: Leedom (open to everyone), Lippincott (open to everyone), Lockwood (for members of the Society of Friends, and subject to application for renewal), Mott (for women only), Tyson (for women planning to enter elementary or secondary education), Janney (for women only, and subject to application for renewal), McCabe (for graduate work at one of the following business schools: Harvard, Chicago, MIT, Northwestern, Penn, or Stanford; subject to application for renewal).
- U.S. citizenship is NOT required.
- The Committee and the Faculty express a preference for candidates in liberal arts and sciences, but candidates in other fields such as medicine and law may apply.
- Candidates who receive full tuition support and a stipend from their graduate institutions are asked to withdraw their applications.
April 20th of every year.
How to Apply
Turn in all the following materials to Parrish 115 or 119 by the deadline, above:
- Two letters of recommendation (Recommenders may email their letters to email@example.com. At least one recommender must be an instructor at Swarthmore.)
- Transcript: The Fellowships and Prizes Office will obtain an unofficial copy of your college transcript. You must supply official transcripts from any graduate institutions, if applicable.
Please contact Melissa Mandos at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application.
Members of the Fellowships and Prizes Committee review each application and determine recipients based on the availability of funds.