Beinecke Memorial Scholarships
Scholarships for juniors of strong potential who are interested in attending graduate school in the arts, humanities, or social sciences. Selection criteria include qualities of intellect, character, creativity, leadership, evidence of well-formulated plans for the future, and demonstrated financial need. Beinecke Scholars receive $4,000 immediately prior to attending graduate school and $30,000 while attending graduate school. Twenty (20) Scholarships are awarded annually.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Open to juniors ONLY.
January 27, 2017
How to Apply
Request an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 610-328-8363. Turn in all the following materials to Parrish 115 or 119 by the internal deadline, above:
- Personal statement, 1,000 words or less
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members that assess the nominee's intellectual curiosity, character, and potential for advanced graduate study.
- The Fellowships and Prizes Committee reviews all applications and essays.
- All candidates are interviewed by the Committee.
- Based on application materials, interviews, and recommendations, the Committee selects one nominee. The nominee will have an opportunity to revise his or her essay prior to Beinecke's national deadline in late February.
- Final selections are made at the end of the spring.