Swarthmore College Dining Services is owned and operated by the College. We are proud to provide you with your dining experience here on campus. Our goal is to offer you great service with the best quality foods.
Choosing your Meal Plan
Descriptions of the three meal plans being offered next semester to upperclassmen are below. Please read them carefully and make your choice for the fall semester. The cost of each meal plan for 2015-2016 is $3,399 per semester. Please note that all meal plans cost the same amount but differ in how meals and points are distributed. Freshmen are automatically enrolled in the 17-meal plan, but may switch to the 20-meal plan by contacting Lynn Grady. At the end of each semester you will receive an email explaining how to change your meal plan in your myswarthmore account.
Change your Meal Plan for next semester
We allow student to change their meal plan at the end of each semester. An email will be sent out around the last day of classes. Please select your meal plan change in mySwarthmore.
To select your meal plan, go to your mySwarthmore account, scroll down to "Select your meal plan", and click on that link. You will see your current meal plan. Select your choice for the fall term from the drop-down menu and then click on "Update Meal Plan." There is a cut off when you can change meal plans as this information has to be uploaded in they system.
Contact Lynn Grady at 610-328-8182 with any questions.
A late fee of $25 will be assessed if your request is received after the deadline.
- Students may purchase any of the standard meal plans
- Students may add points to their ID cards
- Students living off campus may purchase any meal plan. We, also, have an option designed for students living off-campus which offers seven "anytime" meals per week at a rate of $1,000.00 per semester. Cash or checks are payable to Swarthmore College through the Dining Service Office when you return to campus.
This plan offers three meals a day Monday through Saturday and brunch and dinner on Sundays. Only one meal can be used per meal period. Meals may be used at Essie Mae's Snack Bar at a meal exchange rate. Unused meals at the end of each week do not carry over to the following week. We are now offering 3 guest meals a semester to be used only in Sharples Dining Hall. This plan does not come with points.
17 Meal Plan with $110 Declining Balance Points
This plan allows the student to use up to two meals during any meal period at the Dining Hall and one meal per period at Essie Mae's Snack Bar with a maximum of 17 meals a week. Also included is $110 in declining balance points per semester. These points can be used in Sharples, the Snack Bar and both Coffee Bars. Leftover points do not carry over to the following semester. We are now offering 3 guest meals a semester to be used only in Sharples Dining Hall.
14 Meal Plan with $195 Declining Balance Points
This plan allows the student to use up to two meals during any meal period at the Dining Hall and one meal per period at Essie Mae's Snack Bar with a maximum of 14 meals a week. Also included is $195 in declining balance points per semester. These points can be used in Sharples, the Snack Bar and both Coffee Bars. Leftover points do not carry over to the following semester. We are now offering 3 guest meals a semester to be used only in Sharples Dining Hall.
- Grab-n-Go Lunches are available every weekday in the inside hallway of Clothier Hall beginning at noon. Each lunch includes an entree sandwich or salad, a snack item, fresh fruit and water will be available to fill your personal container. Lunches can be purchased with meal credit or points (currently $10.00, and make a great alternative to long lines in Sharples when you have little time between classes.
- Points can be added to any meal plan as well as purchased for off-campus students not on a meal plan. Points are similar to using cash on a debit card.