For Transfer Students

Daffodills bloom in front of the bell tower

Swarthmore only accepts financial aid applications from domestic transfer students.

You are considered a domestic student if ONE of the following is true:

  • you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. dual citizen and your parents live and earn their income in the U.S.
  • you reside inside the U.S. and possess Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status or are undocumented and graduated from a U.S. high school 

The deadline for submitting financial aid applications is April 1.

Required materials:

The CSS/PROFILE must be submitted electronically. If you are a U.S. citizen (or an “eligible noncitizen”), a FAFSA must be filed as well. 

Once the CSS/PROFILE form is submitted, you will receive an email from the IDOC Service instructing you to upload your parents’ 2015 federal tax return and all pages and schedules, as well as all W-2 and 1099 statements used to file the tax return.  Documents will not be accepted via email.