How to Apply for Financial Aid
All students who apply for financial aid (Swarthmore Scholarship) must complete at least the CSS PROFILE, and must include information from both parents, regardless of whether parents are married. Unique circumstances should be explained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
The financial aid application process is different for domestic and international students.
You are considered a domestic student if ONE of the following is true:
- you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. dual citizen
- your parents live and earn their income in the U.S.
- you reside inside the U.S. and possess Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status or are undocumented and will graduate from a U.S. high school
You are considered an international student if ALL of the following are true:
- you are a non-U.S. citizen
- you are not a DACA student
- your parents file a foreign tax return in lieu of a U.S. tax return
If your parents are separated or divorced, or if your parents have any interest or involvement in a partnership or corporation, please review the special financial aid application instructions.
Current students must submit their financial aid applications by April 30. Prospective students should observe the following financial aid application deadlines:
- QuestBridge National College Match: Nov. 1
- Fall Early Decision: Nov. 15
- Winter Early Decision: Jan. 15
- Regular Decision: Feb. 15
- Transfer: April 30