For Domestic Students

Columns of Parrish Hall porch

You are considered a domestic student if ONE of the following is true:

  • you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. dual citizen
  • your parents live and earn their income in the U.S.
  • you reside inside the U.S. and possess Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status or are undocumented and will graduate from a U.S. high school 

Required materials:

If the student is a U.S. citizen (or an “eligible noncitizen”), in addition to the CSS PROFILE, a FAFSA must be filed as well if the student wishes to apply for federal funds, including the Federal Direct (student) and PLUS (parent) loans.

If the student will be applying for federal funds only, the student may complete only the FAFSA and not the CSS PROFILE.

Students must submit via IDOC their parents’ 2015 federal tax return and schedules and all W-2 and 1099 statements.

Special Circumstances

If your parents are separated or divorced, or if your parents have any interest or involvement in a partnership or corporation, please review the special financial aid application instructions.