Graduate Study in EducationStudents interested in options to pursue educational studies beyond Swarthmore may want to consider a graduate program.
Graduate Study in Education: Teacher Certification
- Bank Street College of Education (elementary and middle school only)
- Brandeis University MAT program
- Brown University MAT program
- Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Mount Holyoke MAT program
- Smith College MAT and Masters of Science in Exercise and Sports
- Stanford STEP program
- Teachers College, Columbia
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Pennsylvania Teacher Education Program
Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers (IRT): Recruits students of color and other scholars interested in diversity and supports them in the process of applying to graduate school and getting funding to pursue masters degrees in education with teacher certification.
Graduate Study in Educational Studies
Swarthmore students pursuing doctoral work in education attend institutions around the country, depending on their area of interest and study; popular choices include policy, teaching in a particular field, bilingual education, educational psychology and special education. Department faculty are happy to talk with students about options in their particular area of interest. We have recently had alumni attend/graduate from the following programs: