Student Employment

Finding a Job

During orientation there will be an information session about working on campus. We will answer any questions that you have and distribute a list of job opportunities on campus. You do not need to look for a job until you arrive on campus. We look forward to answering your inquiries when you arrive on campus in the fall.

Thinking about working on Campus?

The Student Employment Office (SEO) is responsible for the College's student employment program, overseeing more than 1,100 students who work part-time on campus. The SEO directs the payroll process, job development, employee/employer relations, and policy determination and implementation.

Documentation and Verification

All students who wish to work on campus must complete and return the forms listed below. The IRS and The Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services require this of all employees in the U.S.; without it you cannot be employed on campus.

Please mail completed forms to:  Swarthmore College Payroll Office, 500 College Avenue, Swarthmore, PA 19081


The following form requires you to bring original identifying documents to orientation where you will complete the form along with our Student Payroll Office. This form cannot be completed now nor can you complete it using scanned or paper copies of your identifying documents.

  • Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9): The I-9 verifies your identity and your eligibility to work in the United States. You cannot be employed without completing an I-9.
    • Acceptable Original Identification Documents
      • You will need one document from List A OR one document from BOTH Lists B and C. All submitted documents must be originals, with the single exception of a certified photocopy of a birth certificate. You will be issued a Swarthmore College ID when you arrive on campus. If you have questions regarding acceptable documents, please visit:  Once there, click on the "Forms" tab, then, under "Form Number" click on "I-9."

List A
Current U.S. Passport
Unexpired Foreign Passport

List B
State Driver's License
State Identification Card
Swarthmore ID Card

List C
Social Security Card
State Birth Certificate