Math and Stat Clinics
Math & Stat Clinic Sessions
What are clinic sessions and when do they meet?
- Drop-in study sessions run by friendly, knowledgeable peer tutors.
- A great way to get help with your math/stat coursework.
- A chance to meet and work collaboratively with your classmates.
- A casual environment for studying and discussing math and statistics.
- Please see the schedules below to determine which clinic sessions are best for your course(s):
|sunday||7 - 10 p.m.||SC 145||Jake Mundo||Math 3, 25, 27, 28, 34, 35, 63, 67, 102|
|monday||7 - 10 p.m.||SC 145||Irene Xiang||Math 3, 25, 27, 28, 34, 35, 43, 44, 67|
|7 - 10 p.m.||SC 145||Aaron Wagener||Math 3, 25, 27, 28, 34, 35, 63, 67|
|wednesday||7 - 10 p.m.||SC 145||Vickram Rajendran||Math 3, 25, 27, 28, 34, 35, 43, 63, 67, 101|
|thursday||7 - 10 p.m.||SC 145||Rocky Aikens||
Math 3, 25, 27, 28, 34, 35, 63, 67
|tuesday||7 - 10 p.m.||SC 158||Kevin Lai||Stat 11, 21, 61|
|wednesday||7 - 10 p.m.||
Tuan Nguyen and
Stat 11, 21, 61
Stat 11, 21
|thursday||7 - 10 p.m.||SC 158||Becky Tang||Stat 11, 61|
|sunday||7 - 10 p.m.||Math/Stat Lounge||John Wojciehowski||34, 35|
Who can use clinics?
- Anyone currently taking a math or stat course.
- Individuals and groups are all welcome, so encourage your classmates to attend with you.
How do I effectively use Clinics?
- You may attend clinic any time while it is in session. When you enter the classroom, simply sign in, have a seat and the clinician will assist you as soon as she or he is available.
- To make the most of your time at clinic, first try problems on your own and bring any questions you may have to ask the clinician.
- Bring your class notes and text book as these are helpful references for both you and the clinician.
- Reread your class notes. If there was something during lecture that you did not understand, ask about it.
- Do not expect to be able to start and finish your homework assignments during a single clinic as this may not always or often be possible.
- Do not expect to get individual attention the entire time you are at a clinic, other students may also have questions for the clinician.
- Bring coursework you can do while the clinician is assisting other students.
- The clinicians are here to help you succeed, not to do your coursework for you. They will not do problems for you or just give you answers.
- Attend clinic with classmates so that you can share ideas and work together.