Math and Stat Clinics
Stat & Math Clinic Sessions
What are clinic sessions and when do they meet?
- Drop-in study sessions run by friendly, knowledgeable peer tutors.
- A great way to get help with your math/stat coursework.
- A chance to meet and work collaboratively with your classmates.
- A casual environment for studying and discussing math and statistics.
- Please see the schedules below to determine which clinic sessions are best for your course(s):
|sunday, december 4th||
|monday, december 5th||7-10 pm||
|monday, december 5th||
|tuesday, december 6th||7-10 pm||Math/Stat Lounge||Rocky Aikens|
|tuesday, december 6th||7-10 pm||
|thursday, december 8th||6-9 pm||Math/Stat Lounge
|thursday, december 8th||6-9 pm||SC 149
sunday, december 11th
|6-9 pm||Math/Stat Lounge
|monday, december 12th||6-9 pm||Math/Stat Lounge||Aaron Wagener|
|tuesday, december 13th||6-9 pm||Math/Stat Lounge||Rocky Aikens|
|tuesday, december 13th||6-9 pm||SC 145||Vickram Rajendran|
|thursday, december 15th||6-9 pm||Math/Stat Lounge||Prairie Wentworth-Nice|
|sunday, december 4th||7-10 pm||SC145||Tuan and Emma|
|monday, december 5th||7-10 pm||SC145||Brandon|
|tuesday, december 6th||7-10 pm||SC145||Meghana and Leon|
|sunday, december 11th||6-9 pm||SC145||Meghana and Emma|
|wednesday, december 14th||6-9 pm||
|Tuan and Brandon|
|thursday, december 15th||6-9 pm||SC145||Brandon and Amanda|
|monday, december 5th||7-10pm||SC158||Alison|
|thursday, december 8th||7-9 pm||SC158||Alison|
|wednesday, december 14th||7-9pm||Math/Stat Lounge||Alison|
Who can use clinics?
- Anyone currently taking a math or stat course.
- Individuals and groups are all welcome, so encourage your classmates to attend with you.
How do I effectively use Clinics?
- You may attend clinic any time while it is in session. When you enter the classroom, simply sign in, have a seat and the clinician will assist you as soon as she or he is available.
- To make the most of your time at clinic, first try problems on your own and bring any questions you may have to ask the clinician.
- Bring your class notes and text book as these are helpful references for both you and the clinician.
- Reread your class notes. If there was something during lecture that you did not understand, ask about it.
- Do not expect to be able to start and finish your homework assignments during a single clinic as this may not always or often be possible.
- Do not expect to get individual attention the entire time you are at a clinic, other students may also have questions for the clinician.
- Bring coursework you can do while the clinician is assisting other students.
- The clinicians are here to help you succeed, not to do your coursework for you. They will not do problems for you or just give you answers.
- Attend clinic with classmates so that you can share ideas and work together.