Math 25 Pi-rate Sessions
For the fall 2014 semester the Math 25 classes have a group of four Pi-rates who will be running weekly Pi-rate Sessions.The Pi-rate Sessions provide a casual study space for Math 25 students. At sessions students work together on homework, study for exams, and discuss math. Pi-rates are available for guidance with coursework and as a resource for Math 25 questions.
How can you make the most out of Pi-rate Sessions?
- Come to Pi-rate Sessions prepared. Look over your homework before you attend so you know which problems you are having difficutly with.
- Bring your text book and class notes to Pi-rate Sessions, they are great to refer to while completing homework.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help. The Pi-rates are more than willing to answer your questions.
- Encourage classmates to come to Pi-rate Sessions with you. It can be helpful to work through problems together.
- Do math everyday. Don't wait until the night before to start your homework assignment, work on a little bit each day.
- Reread your class notes. If there was something during lecture that you didn't understand ask about it.
- Don't expect to be able to start and finish your homework assignments during a single Pi-rate Session as this may not be possible.
- The Pi-rates are here to help you succeed, not to do your coursework for you. Pi-rates will not do problems for you or just give you answers.