Welcome! Thank you for your interest in applying to be an RA.
Resident Assistants (RAs) are selected juniors and seniors who serve in the residence halls as peer counselors and advisors. They are available to provide general information and counseling, and to make appropriate referrals as needed. RAs also have responsibility for security, fire protection, and general safety within the dormitories. RAs also function as liaisons between students and the administration.
Please take the time to read through all of the important information below. Doing so will help ensure that you fully understand the RA position and that you complete the application process properly.
- Eligibiltiy and how to apply
- Selection Dates And Deadlines
- RA Training Requirements
- 2014-2015 Preview Questions (review before you begin the application; these are the short answer questions on the application. There are other questions, but they are demographic questions and multiple choice)
- 2014-2015 RA Application (New Applicants) Please do NOT submit partial applications. Do not begin application until you have enough time to complete entire application: approximately 1 hour)
- 2014-2015 RETURNING RA Application (Current RAs)
- 2014-2015 Candidate Recommendation Form
- 2014-2015 Current RA Reference Form
If you have any questions about the RA selection and placement process please contact Rachel Head, Assistant Dean for Residential Life.