How do I find a job?
- New students can attend the job fair on Thursday, August 28th from 2:30–4:00 pm in Sharples Dining Hall.
- Visit/contact the individual departments and learn about their open positions and application procedures directly.
- The Student Employment Office posts new jobs, including off-campus jobs, on our bulletin board if employers contact us. Off-campus positions include but are not limited to child care, house-sitting, and yard work.
- Check the Classifieds section of the Dash at https://secure.swarthmore.edu/dash/
- Watch your student email for the Reserved Student Digest (RSD).
- If you need further guidance, email the Student Employment Office to set up an appointment. We will be glad to help you in your search.
How many hours can I work?
The College suggests that your work no more than 7 or 8 hours per week as you should keep enough time for academics, social life and other extracurricular activities.
What are the current hourly rates?
- Pay level 1: $8.95 / hr
- Pay level 2: $9.28 / hr
- Pay level 3: $9.60 / hr