Lectures and Lunches
Faculty lectures and the Wednesday lunch series provide instructional staff with opportunities to share in conversations about their own and their colleagues' work. Faculty who have received college funding for a second semester of leave must present their work at either a Wednesday lunch or a faculty lecture in the year of their return. The Associate Provost coordinates both the faculty lectures and the Wednesday lunch series for instructional staff.
Faculty lectures provide an opportunity for faculty to present recent or ongoing research to the Swarthmore Community. All lectures begin at 4:30pm and will be held in the atrium area in McCabe Library unless otherwise noted.
2015-2016 Faculty Lectures
- Wednesday, September 23 - Christy Schuetze, Anthropology
- Wednesday, October 7 - Bob Rehak, Film & Media Studies
- Wednesday, November 18 - Elizabeth Stevens, Theater
- Wednesday, February 17 - Patricia Reilly, Art History
- Wednesday, March 16 - Stephen Bensch, History
- Wednesday, April 6 - Rachel Merz, Biology
- Wednesday, April 27 - Keith Reeves, Political Science
Wednesday Lunch Series
The Wednesday lunch series provides an opportunity for instructional staff to present recent or ongoing research, share information or insights about college curriculum or programs, and have conversations about pedagogy. These events are only open to members of the instructional staff. For information please contact Sunka Simon, the associate provost.