For Faculty and Instructional Staff
The Provost's Office provides faculty with numerous opportunities and resources for their development as scholars and as teachers. The Provost's Office:
- publishes several handbooks (The Handbook for Instructional Staff [pdf] and the Handbook for Instructional Staff New to Swarthmore College [pdf]) that contain information about policies and procedures relevant to faculty work and life at the college;
- coordinates faculty requests for sabbatical leave, medical/parental leave, faculty research support, and professional travel support;
- coordinates faculty committees;
- provides orientation to new instructional staff;
- coordinates faculty lectures and lunch presentations through which instructional staff can share their work;
- coordinates faculty rental housing.