- "Can Hiring Quotas Work? The Effect of the Nitaqat Program on the Saudi Private Sector" (2017) (forthcoming, American Economic Journal: Economic Policy) [appendix]
- "Do Foreign Gifts Buy Corporate Political Action? Evidence from the Saudi Crude Discount Program" (2017) (submitted)
Work in Progress
- "Conflict-Related Supply Disruptions and the U.S. Refining Industry"
- "Tracing Spillovers from Hiring Quotas: Evidence from Saudi Arabia" (with Conrad Miller and Mehmet Seflek)
- Christian Science Monitor - Monitor Global Outlook: More Saudization will hurt private-sector profits
- Saudi Gazette: 11,000 Saudi firms closed down due to Nitaqat, finds study
- WSJ Real Time Economics Blog: Discounted Saudi Crude Shaped Refiners’ Political Contributions, Paper Finds