What is OneCard?

OneCard is Swarthmore's new ID card system. All students, faculty, and staff will receive OneCards, which will serve many functions, such as payment for on- and off-campus dining, access to buildings including the Matchbox, and library use. Keep your OneCard with you at all times.

Who needs a OneCard?

A Swarthmore OneCard is required for all Swarthmore College students, faculty, and staff as their identification card and to access various campus services. Swarthmore alumni, emeriti, retirees, and affiliates will also need a OneCard if they wish to use certain campus services.

Is there a fee for my OneCard?

Your first OneCard will be issued to you. If your card is defective or does not work, there is no fee for a replacement card. If you lose or break your card, the fee for a replacement card is $15.

What happens if I lose my OneCard or it is stolen?

Immediately report a lost or stolen card to the OneCard Office at 610-328-7362. If the OneCard office is closed, you can contact Public Safety at x8333 (on campus) or 610-328-8333 (off campus).

How do I get a new card?

You can visit the OneCard Office during normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.). When the OneCard office is closed, you can get a temporary OneCard from Public Safety and then visit the OneCard Office the next business day to obtain your replacement card.

Where is the OneCard Office?

The OneCard Office is located on the 1st floor of Parish Hall in Room 131A.

What if I find someone else’s OneCard?

If you find someone else’s card, please return it immediately to the OneCard Office or Public Safety.

Can someone else use my card?

No, rights and privileges associated with the card are non-transferable. You are personally responsible for all financial and business transactions conducted with your OneCard. If you wish to purchase something for someone else, you must be present at the time of purchase. You are not permitted to share access privileges with anyone else.

How do I take care of my OneCard?

In order for your card to function properly, please do not punch holes in, mark, bend, scratch the magnetic stripe, tamper with the barcode, or place stickers on your card.

What happens if I forget to bring my OneCard to campus?

You can visit the OneCard Office during normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) and we can issue you a temporary card, which must be returned within 3 business days. When the OneCard office is closed, you can get a temporary OneCard from Public Safety and then visit the OneCard Office to activate your old ID.

How do I get access to the Matchbox?

For Matchbox access, you will need to complete a waiver form online via MySwarthmore in order to be granted access via your OneCard. If your waiver for the Matchbox is currently up to date, you will not need to fill out a form.

How can I check my balances?

You check your balance for meals, points, and Garnet Cash online by logging in to either the OneCard Center or GET web site. At both sites, you will be prompted for your Swarthmore credentials. You can also get your balances at any campus dining point of sale by asking the cashier to check it for you.

Can I customize automated alerts for low balances and purchases?

You have the ability to adjust various automated alert settings such as the threshold for which you receive a low balance alert, transaction alerts, and the method you prefer to receive the alerts (email or text). This option is available both in GET (click on the settings link) and the OneCard Center (click on notification preferences).

Can I get reimbursed from the college for purchases made with my OneCard?

Individuals have the ability to make purchases using the OneCard with Swat Points, Points, and Summer Points (all associated with meal plans) and Garnet Cash.  The intent is that these purchases are for personal consumption or used by the individual making the purchase.  The OneCard should not be used for purchases where the individual expects reimbursement from Swarthmore College (e.g. food & supplies for an event or meeting). The College will not accept these types of reimbursements and will not reimburse the individual or department for such requests.