Housing Lotteries and Blocking Process for 2017-2018
This site contains all information regarding campus housing options for rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Information regarding first-year housing will be provided in May.
***New for 2017-2018***
- The PPR Apartments will plan to open for Fall 2017! The PPR Apartments serve as three individual complexes that are interconnected on floors. Each apartment offers a living room and small kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, bathrooms, and all single occupancy rooms. Dining Services will be providing a new 'apartment meal plan' that residents will be able to choose. Specific details on 2017-2018 meal plans will come from Dining Services in early May. The majority of the apartments will be offered as blocking options for rising juniors and seniors, and all blocked apartments are gender-inclusive. Additionally, to continue to meet the needs of students requesting gendered housing options, two apartments will be designated as female-only and male-only, and students will be able to select into these spaces at the senior and junior lotteries. At this time, only rising juniors and seniors will be permitted to live in the PPR Apartments. Feel free to view the PPR Apartments Floor Plan to get a better sense of the community.
- Due to the continued interest in Substance-Free Communities, next year's community will continue to be located on 3rd Hallowell Hall.
- Strath-Haven Apartments, Kyle House, and Lodges 3 and 4 will not be available for the 2017-2018 year. The addition of the PPR Apartments provides gender inclusive, all-male, and all-female options.
- "Cunningham South", a new dedicated student parking lot will open for Fall 2017! This parking lot will be located near Ben West. Students who are approved for a parking permit will be assigned to either the "Cunningham South" or Mary Lyons Parking Lot. More information about Fall student parking will be sent to students following the housing lottery.
Your Housing Options
Please select one of the following links corresponding with your rising class year to review all of your options for campus housing for Fall 2017:
- Rising Senior Housing Options (Class of 2018)
- Rising Junior Housing Options (Class of 2019)
- Rising Sophomore Housing Options (Class of 2020)
Students who may be considered 5-year or ninth-semester seniors who are interested in seeking campus housing should first complete the 5th Year Senior Housing Request Form, then contact Isaiah Thomas, Assistant Director of Residential Communities no later than Friday, April 7, 2016 to confirm.
OSE Housing Office Hours
Introduction to Blocking and Housing Processes Presentation, Tuesday, April 4, 5:00-6:30pm, Science Center 101
This presentation and Q&A is for all students who wish to learn more about how blocking works, how lottery numbers are created, and how the housing lottery works
The latter part of the presentation will offer the opportunity for students to ask questions, and learn more about the PPR Apartments
General Office Hours:
Monday, April 10, 12pm - 2pm, Sharples, Room 209
Tuesday, April 11, 5pm - 7pm, Sharples Room 209
Wednesday, April 12, 3pm - 5pm, Office of Student Engagement
Thursday, April 13, 5pm - 7pm, Sharples, Room 209
Please contact the Residential Communities Coordinator (RCC) if you have questions about a particular community you are interested in:
Alice Paul, David Kemp, Worth, Palmer, Pittenger, Roberts, Mary Lyons, PPR Apartments
RCC: Asraa Jaber
Mertz, Willets, Parrish, Woolman
RCC: Shamin "Mason" Mason
Dana, Hallowell, Danawell, Wharton
RCC: Sarah Foster
Please visit the Housing Office Hours or Introduction to Blocking and Housing Lotteries presentation for any general questions