Lifelong Learning at Swarthmore
Message from the DirectorGil Rose
Lippincott Professor Emeritus of Modern and Classical Languages
"Some years back it struck me that Swarthmore College was missing a great opportunity to extend its educational reach. More and more educated Americans were living longer, healthier lives and were seeking ways to resume their education. Swarthmore, with its reputation for pre-eminence in the liberal arts, its first-rate faculty, and its convenient location..." more
- Small seminar-style classes with other educated adults
- Courses taught by senior or emeriti faculty members of Swarthmore College
- Courses offered in each of the divisions of the College: humanities, social sciences, natural sciences/engineering
- No grades, no academic credit, just learning for learning's sake
- Open to alumni, their adult family members, and friends. The on-campus program also welcomes residents of the greater Philadelphia area.
- Classes meet once a week for two and a half hours.
- Classes meet for eight weeks.
- Enrollment is limited, and classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tuition is $490 for the on-campus program and $660 for the New York City program, checks or credit cards are acceptable.
Contact Lifelong Learning at (610) 328-8696 or email@example.com.