CITI Training for Swarthmore Investigators
All investigators (i.e., Principal Investigators (PI), faculty advisors, and other key research personnel) engaging in human subject research are required by the College to complete and maintain training requirements relevant to the type of research being conducted. The Swarthmore “Social & Behavioral Research” course satisfies the training requirement for human subject researchers at Swarthmore College. If you are a Swarthmore investigator, log on to CITI with your Swarthmore User ID and password by following these instructions:
- Go to Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI).
- Click on “Log In via SSO”.
- Scroll Down and click “Swarthmore College” (a screen will appear with the Swarthmore College logo).
- Type in your Swarthmore ID and password.
- Click on “Swarthmore College Courses” for courses to appear or to access “My Learner tools for Swarthmore College” in a drop down menu.
- If no courses appear or if an incorrect course appears, click “Add a Course or Update Learner Group” to select the appropriate course(s) you are required to complete (e.g., checking learner group “Social & Behavioral Research Investigators” in question 1 will add the minimal required “Basic Human Subjects- Social & Behavioral Focus” training to your course list).
- Click the blue link for the course you intend to complete.
If you are a new Swarthmore College researcher and have a CITI account registered under another institution but need to change your institution affiliation to Swarthmore College, follow the instructions below. By switching your affiliation to Swarthmore College, you will be able to carry over any training previously completed and manage your existing account by logging in with your Swarthmore ID and password. Once the affiliation instructions are completed, you will then be able to follow the above instructions when accessing CITI in the future.
Note: consider providing a second [personal] email address in case you need to recover your password. To do so, click on “My Profiles” then “Change my email address” (only change the secondary address).