Weddings and Events
Alumni, faculty, staff or students only can rent space on the campus for a wedding - the bride or the groom or the parent of the bride or the parent of the groom must be an alumnus, faculty, student or staff. To request a date for a wedding, contact Tricia Maloney, Director of Summer Programs/Facilities Coordinator, at email@example.com.
The following are guidelines for weddings on campus:
- Events may be scheduled during the summer months and during winter and spring breaks.
- The Scott Arboretum Outdoor Amphitheatre is rented for $1000 for weddings.
- No tents are allowed on campus.
- If you use any outdoor space for a wedding ceremony, you must have a rain location. The rain location can be off-campus or you may rent one of the buildings on campus to serve as your rain location. Many people use the Friends Meeting House as a rain site contact Mary Titus, at (610) 328-8699, to make arrangements for use of the Friends Meeting House.
- Tarble in Clothier can be used for a wedding reception, as a rain location for the ceremony, or for a reception or dinner.
- Tarble in Clothier is rented for for $1000 for the day. It holds approximately 400 for a standing reception or seats approximately 250 people in rows of chairs. Reception reception set-up -- including space for dancing and food services -- up to 150 at round tables.
- If you use a caterer, you must use Campus Catering - contact Barbara Boswell at (610) 328-8624.
- The rental fees for indoor spaces include 6' long rectangular tables, 60" diameter round tables, and folding chairs.
- Bond Memorial Hall is $400 per day. Bond isn't air-conditioned.
- The Scheuer room in Kohlberg Hall rents for $600 for the day. It holds approximately 130 for a standing reception, or seats an absolute maximum of 80 at tables.
- Cosby Courtyard rents for $300.
- The College requires a special event or wedding insurance policy which lists Swarthmore as an additional insured and covers alcohol consumption in the amount of $1 million dollars. You can obtain a policy through TR Insurance group (610-489-6911 ask for Debbie Reigner) or Sam Montgomery Insurance (610-565-8280) ask for Jay Ashworth ext. 130 - or you can get your own policy through your agent.
The public is allowed to apply for a wedding photo permit to take wedding pictures at the Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. A fee of $150 is required. There is a discount for Swarthmore College faculty, staff, and alumni.