Lifelong Learning at Swarthmore
Message from the Director
Gil Rose Lippincott Professor Emeritus of Modern and Classical Languages
"It all began with the new millennium. Previously, serious, multi-week, liberal arts courses exclusively for adults could be found only at the big universities. Then in 2002, a group of senior Swarthmore faculty devised a small but ambitious program to be staffed entirely by our cohort and offered to Philadelphia-area alumni of the college as well as other residents..." More.
- Small seminar-style classes with other educated adults
- Courses taught by senior or emeriti faculty members of Swarthmore College
- Courses offered in each of the divisions of the College: humanities, social sciences, natural sciences/engineering
- No grades, no academic credit, just learning for learning's sake
- Open to alumni, their adult family members, and friends. The on-campus program also welcomes residents of the greater Philadelphia area.
- Classes meet once a week for two and a half hours.
- Classes meet for eight weeks.
- Enrollment is limited, and classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tuition is $490 for the on-campus program, $690 for the New York City program, checks or credit cards are acceptable.
Contact Lifelong Learning at (610) 328-8696 or email@example.com.