Faculty and Instructional Staff
The Provost's Office provides faculty with numerous opportunities and resources for their development as scholars and as teachers. The Provost's Office:
- publishes several handbooks (The Handbook for Instructional Staff and the Handbook for Instructional Staff New to Swarthmore College) that contain information about policies and procedures relevant to faculty work and life at the college;
- coordinates faculty requests for sabbatical leave, medical/parental leave, faculty research support, and professional travel support;
- coordinates faculty committees;
- provides orientation to new instructional staff;
- coordinates faculty lectures and lunch presentations through which instructional staff can share their work;
- coordinates faculty rental housing.