Job Search Resources: Searchable by Identity
For Students of Color
- Black Collegian Online The Black Collegian Online provides career and grad school resources, a job bank, and employer profiles.
- Diversity Careers Information on diversity/careers in Engineering and Information Technology.
- Diversity Job-Seeker Listing of top multicultural companies, and career resources for women, Asian-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, African-Americans, Native Americans, and people with disabilities.
- Diversity Jobs Search engine with jobs from diversity-friendly employers.
- Diversity Jobs Streetsmart Minority employees sharing career stories.
- Diversity Working Search engine that allows you to post resume to employer of your choice.
- Hire Diversity Online service for diversity career development and recruitment.
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation The Latinos on Fast Track (LOFT) program can help you find an internship or job in the private or public sectors. Free lifetime membership.
- iHispano Information on hispanic and diversity jobs.
- IM Diversity Career site devoted to serving the cultural and career-related needs of minorities.
- LatPro A website for with job listings for Latino professionals or bilingual Spanish-speakers.
- NEMNET Employment opportunities in education for minority students (requires free registration).
- Saludos A site for hispanic students - search for employer of your choice, post your resume, and apply.
- Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers (IRT) Recruits students of color and other scholars interested in diversity and supports them in the process of applying to graduate school and getting funding to pursue masters degrees in education with teacher certification.
For LGBTQ Students
Resources Especially for Women
- Forte Foundation Resources for women who are considering a career in business. Great for students who have other interests, such as in the arts who wouldn't necessarily think of business as a relevant career path. It has wonderful information about scholarships, networking, business school and more.
For International Students
- Going Global is the leading provider of both country-specific and USA city-specific career and employment information. Our unlimited access subscription database features 33 Country Career Guides, 43 USA City Career guides, corporate profiles and more than 600,000 internship and job listings within the USA and around the world. On-campus users can access the site directly. If you are off campus, you can login to SwatCareers and link to the site once you are logged in.
- International Students Career Handout Find useful information and advice about the career process as an international student.
- Employment Authorization for Swarthmore Students with F-1 Visa An introduction and overview of employment authorization from Swarthmore's International Student Advising Office.
Job Search for H-1B Visas
- Going Global contains state, metro and US-wide H1B records gathered directly from the US Department of Labor (DOL), the government agency responsible for all H1B submissions. Once a year, DOL makes available a listing of all companies who have submitted H1B visa applications for the prior 12 months, from September to October. On-campus users can access the site directly. If you are off campus, you can login to SwatCareers and link to the site once you are logged in.
- U.S. Immigration Services Information on how to apply for and get work authorization. Also has application forms you can download.
- MyVisaJobs.com Whether you wish to apply for jobs directly through the website or not, it can be a useful resource in finding employers who sponsor visas. With a search-able database and visa reports, this site can also serve as a great starting place to gather information.
- First Jobs for International Students These are samples of organizations which have sponsored H1B visas or have in the recent past hired Swarthmore international students. Please do not limit your job search to these organizations. There are many organizations, in addition to these, which will sponsor. Furthermore, some organizations aren't aware of the process. If you are able to educate a potential employer about the process, they may consider sponsoring your H1B visa.
Information and Advice
- FlcDataCenter.com - The Department of Labor is required to provide a list of those employers who have submitted Labor Condition Applications. This search page allows you to view the H1-b Labor Certification Database.
- iStudent City - A great site with information for international students from start to finish. Includes on-line chats with other international students as well as helpful hints for job searching afer graduation.
- InternationalStudent.com - Started by a group of international students living in New York City with the goal of helping other students deal with American immigration authorities and education system.
- Cultural Vistas - Places engineering, science, and technical students into paid internships abroad and obtains work permits for all technical and some non-technical students who have identified their own internships abroad.
MBA Related Resources
- ForeignMBA.com -This site has useful information for international M.B.A. students as well as other international students who would like to work in the United States. The site includes career profiles, corporate interviews, immigration information, lists of companies who have hired MBA's, and more at no charge.