Field Specific Internsips Listed Below:
Arts, Business, Education, Health, Mathematics, Museums & Historic Preservation, Non-profit, Government, & Public Service, Publishing & Journalism, Science & Environment, Summer Camps/Childcare, International Internships & Volunteering
Multi-Industry Internship Resources
|The very best place to start your internship search. Only students from Swarthmore and the UCAN partner schools can view these internships. Login now with your Swarthmore email address as your username and your student id number as your password.|
|While most employers post internships to the UCAN database, some employers and Swat alumni restrict their internships for Swarthmore students only. These internships are posted in SwatCareers. Contact us for your username and password.|
|The mission of engIN is to connect technical employers with a diverse group of engineering, science, and computer science majors through an online internship database. Your user name is your Swarthmore email address and your password is your student ID number.|
|The Garnet Connection is Swarthmore's student-to-student information source on internship opportunities. Hear what others have to say about the options you're considering, or find out about new ones!|
|Access internship listings in social justice, international affairs, women's rights, media, sports, the environment, law, policy, human rights, history, advertising or with Congress. Contact us for your username and password.|
- campus2careers C2C, a cross between Monster and eHarmony, matches you with positions compatible with your personality and skill sets.
- Career Builder Mega-site with personal internship search agent.
- Campus Philly Internship Database Resources on internship opportunities in Philly area.
- Coolworks Info on short-term, seasonal jobs in national parks, cruise ships, and resorts.
- Doors Of Opportunity Listing of summer opportunities for undergraduate minority students.
- Monster One of the largest job and internship posting sites.
- Indeed In one simple search, gives job seekers free access to millions of employment opportunities from thousands of websites, newspapers, associations and company career pages.
- InterExchange A non-profit organization dedicated to promoting cultural awareness through a wide range of work and travel, language, volunteer, professional training, internship, and au pair programs within the United States and around the world.
- InternMatch A website that can be very helpful to students in finding an internship. Not only does the website list internships, but it also provides guidance on developing resumes and other application materials. InternMatch particularly focuses on finding internships that are "socially responsible positions."
- Internship Ratings Students evaluate past interships by hours, pay, quality of experience, and other criteria. Use this site to learn about internships and find potential internship hosts.
- JobCentral An aggregation site that searches other sites for positions.
- One Day One Internship Highlights one company each day and discusses its entry-level internship offerings. All posts are completely editorial in nature, and give students a starting point for researching a company.
- Vault : Excellent resource with downloadable career guides; employer profiles and rankings; discussion boards; industry blogs and news covering the latest trends and issues; diversity, green programs and leadership development profiles; and Vault's job board, which matches employers and recruiters with top talent.
- Wet Feet Internships categorized by career fields.
Field-Specific Internship Links
- Americans for the Arts The Americans for the Arts Online Field Directory is a searchable database of local, state, regional, and national arts service organizations throughout the country.
- Art Source Art and architecture resources.
- Offstage Jobs A good arts-related job search site. Includes technical, management, and arts administration positions
- Creative Job Central Provides access to the most postings in the fashion field. It maximizes a member's prospects for success through hands-on management and innovative communication solutions.
- The Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance The Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance's Job Bank is the region's definitive source of employment opportunities in the arts and culture industry.
- Greater Philadelphia Film Office The Greater Philadelphia Film Office lists some movie industry jobs (e.g. cast, crew, extras, interns, volunteers) for movies filming in Philadelphia.
- Music Magazine Has a great download of music industry websites and record labels.
- New York Foundation for the Arts Career Center Helps artists turn inspiration into art. One-stop shop for the latest arts-related jobs and internships, opportunities for artists, event listings, and more.
- Philly Creative Jobs Positions in design and advertising
- Theatre Communications Group Provides internships in theatre
- Science for Kids A summer program on Swarthmore's campus through which Swarthmore faculty, instructors, and undergraduates teach children in the Chester Children's Chorus.
- Chester Children's Chorus (reading volunteer) Read for an hour a day with a student in the Chester Children's Chorus.
- Breakthrough Collaborative National program in which college students teach low income middle school students.
- Wediko A theraputic summer program for children with emotional and social challenges.
- Delaware Valley Friends School Summer Program A five week program to help adolescents improve their reading and writing skills (undergraduates hired to do one on one tutoring).
- EXPLO Summer enrichment programs for children ages 9-17; undergrads hired as teaching assistants, dorm counselors, teachers.
- Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers (IRT) Recruits students of color and other scholars interested in diversity and supports them in the process of applying to graduate school. Summer program for juniors and seniors interested in exploring critical, cultural and educational theory.
- Center for Talented Youth At CTY you will work with an exceptional group of students, make contacts and friendships with dynamic colleagues, and gain valuable experience in a rigorous academic community.
- Center for Talent Development Experience the rewards of working within a vibrant learning community while inspiring open and eager young minds.
- Children Defense Fund CDF's Youth Leadership Network for Children (YLNC), the youth service and leadership development arm
- Clinical and Translational Sciences Four-week internship in Philadelphia that develops students' understandings of disease and developing effective therapeutic modalities. Stipend provided.
- Pemón Health A community-based health organization founded by Yongjun Heo '09. Summer interns work with doctors at rural clinics in southern Venezuela.
- Pre-Med/Health Related Internships Listing of summer internships compiled by the Swarthmore Health Sciences Office.
- Pre-Med Internships A listing of pre-med internships available at colleges and universities throughout the US.
- Global career skills start here! Want to go abroad to study, volunteer, intern, teach or work? Explore expert advice and resources to help you take on the world! Read student success stories and be inspired by thousands of international opportunities. If you don't have a Swarthmore email address to register, you can login to SwatCareers and link to the site once you are logged in.
- Leading provider of both country-specific and USA city-specific career and employment information, featuring 33 Country Career Guides, 43 USA City Career guides, corporate profiles and more than 600,000 internship and job listings within the USA and around the world. It also included information on US companies who sponsor international candidates. On-campus users can access the site directly. If you are off campus, you can login to SwatCareers and link to the site once you are logged in.
- AIESEC (Association Internationale des Etudiants en Sciences Economiques et Commerciales) is active in over 107 countries and has over 50,000 members. As a youth-run organization, they work to provide opportunities to develop young leaders by placing students in internships and international learning environments.
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX): Fully funded 12-month exchange program for students in all fields of study to go to Germany for a structured internship, study, and language training program.
- Cross-Cultural Solutions A great overview of options to volunteer internationally; lists relevant web sites, resources, and organizations. (Charges a fee.)
- Cultural Vistas A nonprofit organization that supports intercultural understanding through international exchange and professional development programs in Argentina, Germany, Russia, Spain and the United States.
- DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship Fully funded study, thesis research, and internships in Germany. Can be independently designed or part of organized programs.
- EMGIP Bundestag Internship EMGIP offers internships for US and Canadian students in German parliament (the Bundestag.) Two months long, fully funded.
- Go Overseas Comprehensive listing of volunteer program listings and new first-hand program reviews are listed every day.
- GlobalEdge Reference guide for students, faculty, staff, and administrators to help match students with international internship opportunities offered by two- and four-year colleges and universities, governmental agencies, non-profit groups, private organizations, and corporations.
- Idealist.org International Volunteering List of websites with opportunities for volunteering abroad.
- iHiPo A High Potential network dedicated to empowering international careers
- InterExchange Non-profit organization dedicated to promoting cultural awareness through a wide range of work & travel, language school, volunteer, professional training, internship and au pair programs within the United States and around the world.
- International Cooperative Education ICE has placed more than 15,000 students in work/internship positions throughout Europe, Asia, and South America.
- International Health Opportunities A directory of hands-on internships and volunteer opportunities across the globe. Maintained by the American Medical Students Association.
- International Volunteer Opportunities The Foreign Policy Association's resource list of international volunteer programs.
- International Volunteer Programs Association An alliance of nonprofit, non-governmental organizations that are involved in international volunteer and internship exchanges.
- Interns.org Connects students with non-profit internships in order to jumpstart their career.
- InternXchange Summer Journalism Internship Paid tuition and stipend for six weeks at the Freie Universität Berlin and a five-week internship in German media. Study German politics, culture, and media, then work with organizations in those areas.
- IVPA An alliance of nonprofit, non-governmental organizations that are involved in international volunteer and internship exchanges.
- RISE (Research Internhips in Science and Engineering) Summer internships in Germany for US and Canadian undergrads. RISE fellows work with doctoral students in research groups at top German universities.
- Transition Abroad Guide to short-term opportunities to work and to volunteer abroad.
- Volunteer for Peace Information on international work-camps for short-term option for working and traveling abroad.
- Work Immersion Study Program (WISP Baden-Wuerttemberg Stipendium): Fully funded summer internships and language training in Germany for vocationally qualified students.
- American Mathematical Society Links to websites with summer internships for math majors.
- Public History Internships and fellowships in public history.
- Smithsonian Institution Internships with the National Air and Space Museum, National Museum of American History, National Museum of Natural History and all branches of the Smithsonian.
- History Department Links The History department at Swarthmore maintains a list of summer internship opportunities at historic societies and research centers nationwide.
- My AmeriCorps Where most AmeriCorps programs across the country post opportunities as they are recruiting. Complete a profile and answer application questions at any point. Submit application through the web site.
- PennSERVE AmeriCorps List of AmeriCorps programs in Pennsylvania, along with their contact information. For a complete list, click here [pdf].
- Best Places to Work in the Federal Government Rankings that offer the most comprehensive assessment of how federal public servants view their jobs and workplaces based on categories such as pay, leadership, work/life balance, and more.
- Federal Internship Directory Provides information on many fellowships and internships available during the school year as well as the summer.
- IDEALIST The best site to find non-profit internships.
- Interns.org Connects students with non-profit internships in order to jumpstart their career.
- Making a Difference This website contains a wealth of resources for people exploring jobs and internships in federal government.
- NYC Internships NYC Urban Fellows Program, Government Scholars Program, Public Service Corps and NYC's excellent summer internship program.
- Organizations Promoting Global Volunteering A list of organizations that offer international volunteering opportunities.
- USAJobs.gov Tap Your passion and intern with the federal government. There is something for every interest! Interested in a federal internship? Click here to view a tutorial that will help simplify the search process on USA Jobs!
- American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) Summer editorial internships for rising seniors with leading magazines including The New Yorker, National Geographic, US News.
- American Society of Newspaper Editors (ASNE) ASNE maintains a database of internships at newspapers nationwide.
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists Listing of journalism internships which are not necessarily limited to people of Latin descent.
- Pennsylvania Newspaper Association Foundation Internship Guide List of internship opportunities at PNA-member newspapers, including editorial, advertising, and photography internships.
- Green Dream Jobs Can narrow your search to internships.
- Orion Grassroots Network Listing of internships at environmentally-concerned non-profits and businesses.
- Student Conservation Association Search for environmental internships by location and availability.
- CampStaff A searchable directory of summer camp jobs and employment opportunities throughout the United States.
- My Summers Website that lets you apply for jobs at summer camps all over the country through one application.
- Care.com An online job aggregator that easily allows those in search of caregiving jobs a way to find opportunities by location. Job lisitings both part-time and full-time.
Summer Research Opportunities
Check out our list of summer research opportunity resources.