E5 Research Paper 2002
Your assignment is to research a topic and to create a web page
to present your results.
- The paper must be posted on your engin website by 5:00 pm on
Thursday 10/24/02, the Thursday after you return from Fall Break.
Let me know if you use a filename other than index.html for your
home page (so I can make the link from the E5 website point to
- I have written a very brief description of
how to develop a web page using Homepage (which is on the data
& software server, for both Mac and PC). However, you
may use any software that you would like.
- If you want to use a digital
camera, one is available.
- A scanner is
The format and content of the paper are up to
you, with the following restrictions:
- Your site must contain at least 4 references. One of
these references must be a printed reference, and one must be a
URL to some other web site, the other two can be any type of
- You must include a link to your email address, so that others
reading your site can send you comments via email.
- You must include one page that describes how you found your
references. This need not be lengthy, but should describe
what resources you used in the library, web search
engines... This is more for me than for you, because I'd
like to know what resources you found useful.
- Your site must contain at least three pages that your wrote
that are linked together. For example, you could have one
page that hold the main body of your text, and another that
contains your references, and a third that describes how you found
your references. However, the decision on how to organize
your site is ultimately up to you.
- The paper should be around 2000 words, or so (3-5 pages),
though you can make it longer, if desired. If it's shorter than
1000 words, it's probably too short to get your point across.
- Other students in the class will visit your web site and
comment upon it. You will make changes to your site based
upon this feedback. A large part of your evaluation for this
project will depend upon the improvements you make
- I'd like to be able to compare your original web page to the
improved one. After the sites are all finished, I'll send
you information on how to make a copy of your site -- so I can
compare the two.
- I'll send you more specific information about this later.