Feature panes are one of the most common and versatile panes used throughout the Swarthmore website. They are most often used by departement to promote a upcoming event, a new program, or particular student, faculty or alum. They are also used to make a special announcement or highlight (or feature) somethig important to viistors.
Creating a Feature pane
- Log into Drupal. Navigate to the site you wish to edit.
- Click on "Site Administration" in the console's upper left corner. This will open a drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to "Add New Pane". This will open a submenu which lists all of the different panes that are available in Drupal.
- Select "Feature". This open a new window which will allow you to create a Feature pane.
- Add your Title.
- Add your Abstract.
- Add an Image (optional, see instructions below)
- Add an Add More Link (optional, see instructiosn below)
- Once your done creating your feature pane, scroll to the bottom of the edit window and click "Save".
- To add your new Pane to a page, view these instructions.
Adding an Image
- Click on the blue bar labelled "Image". This is expand the module with additional fields for adding an image.
- Select/Switch to "File Browser" tab.
- Click on "Browse". This will open a new window.
- You can select a image that has already been uploaded by selecting it in the thumbnail panel and then clicking "Insert Image" in the preview panel.
- OR, you can upload a new image that has already been prepared by clicking on the "Upload" button.
Adding a View More Link
- step 1
- step 2