Other Special Interests
What kind of statistician could you be?
Take this ASA quiz and find out!
Here are a few different current opportunities for undergrad students of Statistics and Data Science. [Last updated 7/6/22.]
- The ACLU Analytics Team has openings for a graduate or undergraduate remote internship.
- Data Science for Social Good at CMU (https://www.dssgfellowship.
org/) summer fellowship application is open (applications due by January 28, 2022).
- UW Data Science for Social Good Summer Fellowship (escience.washington.edu/dssg) application will open January 10, 2022.
- Stanford Data Science for Social Good (datascience.stanford.edu/
news/...) is open (applications due by February 14, 2022
Diversity and Inclusion in Statistics and Data Science
- Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Outreach GroupASA membership not required!
- LGBTQ+ Statistics and Data Science Network
- ASA LGBTQ+ Advocacy Committee
- GeMS (Gender minorities in Mathematics and Statistics) at Swarthmore
Inclusive Data Projects and Sources
Here is a somewhat regularly updated list of other resources (that I am not affiliated with) for diversity and inclusion in Statistics and Mathematics. If you have more to recommend please shoot me an email!
- Conference for African-American Researchers in the Mathematical Sciences (CAARMS)
- Data for Black Lives
- Mathematically Gifted and Black
- Latisms - Latinxs and Hispanics in the Mathematical Sciences
- Spectra - The Association for LGBT Mathematicians
- Center for Scientific Diversity at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Mathematicians of the African Diaspora
In the press...
- AMSTAT News JEDI Corner (2022)
- AMSTAT News President's Corner: A Conversation to Celebrate Pride Month (2020)