Copies + Permissions
The Peace Collection provides reproduction services for documents, but not for images or audiovisual recordings.
Contact the Peace Collection with your request for photocopies or low-resolution scanned images from our manuscript collections, books, and periodicals. Some items may be too rare or fragile to be copied or scanned.
- Cost is 40 cents per page, with a minimum charge of $5.
- There is a limit of 35 copies, and you will be charged for postage.
On-site researchers may use their own digital cameras or flat-bed scanners to scan material at no charge, or may alternatively use the Collection photocopier for the following fees (cash, personal checks, or traveler’s checks in U.S. dollars accepted):
- 15 cents per copy for 8.5" x 10" paper
- 25 cents per copy for 8.5" x 14" paper
- 30 cents per copy for 11" x 17" paper
Access to the manuscript collections is granted for research purposes only. Permission for publication must be granted specifically by the Curator or the copyright holder.
While there is no fee for referring to or citing Peace Collection manuscript material in a new published work, we request that a copy of the work (hardbound, if possible) be donated to the Collection. Contact the Curator with further copyright questions for material to be cited. For more information about copyright, see
Please cite manuscript collections as follows:
- [Individual’s Name] Papers, Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- [Organization’s or Group’s Name] Records, Swarthmore College Peace Collection
It is helpful for future researchers if the box number from which the item cited came is included in the citation.