Where will you take your Swarthmore experience? Get ready to explore!!
Found a program (or two) you love? Need some help navigating all these options? Ready to get started? Follow these steps!
- Read Introduction to Off-Campus Study [pdf].
- Attend a (virtual) general information session. Dates and times are listed here.
- Complete the Advising/Preliminary Information Sheet.
- Email Diana Malick to schedule an advising appointment.
- During your advising appointment you can discuss any questions or concerns you have about studying abroad, and your OCS Advisor will walk you through the application process. Click here for specifics about Policies and Procedures.
- Keep an eye out for OCS deadlines, as well as program deadlines, which could be earlier. Complete your applications by the earliest deadline.
- Remember that in most cases, you have to complete an application both in the OCS portal, and directly with your program.
- Check out the OCS policies and procedures.
- Consult the Study Abroad Course Database to see what courses students have taken before on your program.
- Maintain excellent communication with your academic/major advisor.
- Contact your OCS advisor with any questions.
- Hear and see what students have to say about their experience abroad!