Math and Stat Clinic Study Sessions
What are clinic study sessions and when/where do they meet?
- Drop-in study sessions run by friendly, knowledgeable peer tutors.
- A great way to get help with your math/stat coursework.
- A chance to meet and work collaboratively with your classmates.
- A casual environment for studying and discussing math and statistics.
- Please see the schedules below to determine which clinic sessions are best for your course(s):
|Sunday||7 - 10 p.m.||SCI 145||Colby Stoddard||Math 25, 27, 34, 35, 67|
|Monday||7 - 10 p.m.||SCI 145||Thomas Daillak||Math 25, 27, 34, 35, 43, 67, Stat 51, 111|
|7 - 10 p.m.||SCI 145||
Math 20, 25, 27, 34, 35, 39, 43, 44, 67, 101
|Wednesday||7 - 10 p.m.||SCI 145||Miriam Moore||Math 20, 25, 27, 34, 35, 39, 43, 44, 67, 101|
|Thursday||7 - 10 p.m.||SCI 145||Andrew Harsh||
Math 25, 27, 34, 35, 39, 67
|Monday||7 - 10 p.m.||SC 149||
Stat 11, 21, 51, 111, Math 39
|Tuesday||7 - 10 p.m.||SC 149||
|Stat 11, 21, 51, 111, Math 39|
|Wednesday||7 - 10 p.m.||SC 149||William Ball||Math 34, 35|
Who can use clinics?
- Anyone currently enrolled in a math or stat course.
- Individuals and groups are all welcome, so encourage your classmates to attend with you.
How do I effectively use Clinics?
- You may attend clinic any time while it is in session. When you enter the classroom, simply sign in, have a seat and the clinician will assist you as soon as they are available.
- To make the most of your time at clinic, first try problems on your own and bring any questions you may have to ask the clinician.
- Bring your class notes and text book as these are helpful references for both you and the clinician.
- Reread your class notes. If there was something during lecture that you did not understand, ask about it.
- Do not expect to be able to start and finish your homework assignments during a single clinic as this may not always or often be possible.
- Do not expect to get individual attention the entire time you are at a clinic; other students may also have questions for the clinician.
- Bring coursework you can do while the clinician is assisting other students.
- The clinicians are here to help you succeed, not to do your coursework for you. They will not do problems for you or just give you answers.
- Attend clinic with classmates so that you can share ideas and work together.