Rising Sophomore Housing Options

Important Dates:

  • Substance-Free & Intent to Live Off-Campus Applications Due: Monday, April 10, 12:00pm EST
  • Housing Blocking Applications Available: Tuesday, April 4
  • Housing Blocking Applications Due: Monday, April 10, 12:00pm EST
  • Preliminary Blocking Results Live: Friday, April 15 - Sunday, April 17
  • Finalized Blocking Results Live: Monday, April 18
  • Sophomore Housing Lottery: Wednesday, April 26, 6:00pm, Matchbox (3rd Floor)

For the 2017-2018 year, the following housing options are available to rising sophomores:

NOTE: To be eligible for campus housing, all student accounts must show a $0.00 balance. Please communicate with the Student Accounts Office with any questions regarding your student account.

Sophomore Housing Lottery:

If you are interested in obtaining a room for 2017-2018, you can select a room in the housing lottery.  The order is determined by your lottery number.  This year's Sophomore Housing Lottery is being held on Wednesday, April 26, 6:00pm, in Matchbox, 3rd Floor.  We advise that you come as early as 5:30pm, so you can view floor plans as well as ask any questions you might have to Office of Student Engagement professional staff.  Information regarding study abroad and leaves from the college are listed below on this page.

Please note: Singles are available on a very limited basis.  The only single-occupancy rooms available to rising sophomores are located in Mary Lyons.  As such, all Rising Sophomores should anticipate on having a roommate and should work on finding individuals to live with.

Sophomore Blocking Process:

If a student applies for a 'block' housing option, they apply for a number of room configurations along with a group of friends. Blocks range in size from 2 students to 8 students. All rising seniors may apply for block housing.  If you "win" your block, you are not required nor eligible to participate in the housing lottery.  Please visit the Blocking Process Information, which gives all information about how blocking works, the blocking lists, and the blocking application. 

Intent To Live Off-Campus:

Rising sophomores have the option to live in non-College owned housing for the 2017-2018 academic year. If you are an enrolled, on-campus student, who is planning to live in non-College owned housing for the Fall 2017 semester, you must give formal notice (via submitting an online form) to the Office of Student Engagement by Monday, April 10, 12:00pm. All "Intent to Live Off-Campus" forms should all be submitted electronically--no paper forms or emails will be accepted. More information regarding living off-campus, as well as the "Intent to Live Off-Campus" form can be found here: Intent To Live Off-Campus

Substance-Free Housing Process:

Based on student feedback, The Office of Student Engagement will be continuing to provide Substance-Free communities as an option for upperclass students for 2017-2018. In Substance-Free communities, the possession or use of alcohol, controlled substances and tobacco products by residents or their guests is prohibited in student rooms and public spaces.  If residents or their guests choose to use such substances outside of the Substance-Free community, the results of that choice must not have a negative impact upon residents or property upon return to the community. For 2016-2017, 3rd Hallowell Hall will be designated Substance-Free.  Rising sophomores will only be eligible to apply for Double-occupancy rooms.  More information, including the Substance-Free Housing Form can be found on the following page: Substance-Free Housing

Information for students who may need housing accommodations:

The Student Disability Service and Office of Student Engagement are happy to work with students with documented disabilities to identify appropriate accommodations.  More detailed information on special housing accommodations can be found on the Disability Accommodations page.

Information for students who are studying abroad:

If you are currently abroad or intending to study abroad, and you want to seek housing for the upcoming semester, please visit the following page: Seeking Campus Housing from Study Abroad

Information for students who are leaving or returning the college from a leave:

If you are currently taking a leave from the college or intending to take a leave, and you want to seek housing for the upcoming semester, please visit the following page: Seeking Campus Housing from a Leave