Libraries during COVID
Check the current status of our services. (02/22/21)
While the College campus remains closed to visitors, faculty, staff, and registered students may access these library buildings:
- McCabe, Cornell and Underhill are open the following hours
- Use of the Seats reservation system is strongly encouraged. You may reserve your seat in advance, or when you arrive
- Special Collections are open by appointment
All library users must follow COVID safety policies including mask wearing and distancing.
RIAs and Librarians are available to help you with any stage of the research process - from clarifying your topic to citing sources.
Learn how to obtain digital and physical copies of books, videos, and other materials.
- Borrowing periods have changed due to shifts in the academic calendar. Log in to your account in Tripod to check due dates and to renew.
- Faculty, staff, and on-campus students: return library materials using our drop-box out front of McCabe Library. You can return Interlibrary Loan and E-ZBorrow books too.
- Off-campus students, alumni, visitors: return library materials to the Campus & Community Store.
You can find books, movies, journals and other resources through Tripod. Learn how to pick-up items and get digital access.
Explore our databases and research guides. Check out our Unwind Guide if you need a break. See our latest exhibits and events.
- Digital Reserves Lists: Fall 2020 | J-Term | Spring 2021
- The Spring 2021 list updates in real time as materials become available. Use CTRL + F to search for your course or book.
- See Course Reserves +Textbooks for more information on course reserves, how to find course materials in Tripod and tips for using TAP funds.
- Information for Faculty: how to Set-up Course Reserves
Interlibrary loan and E-Z Borrow are available, however, the pandemic continues to impact service causing the delay of or inability to fill some requests.
- Use these links to request journal articles or book chapters. These materials are delivered electronically and the service is available to both on campus and remote users.
- On campus users may request physical items from E-Z Borrow (regional academic libraries) and Interlibrary Loan. Keep in mind, many libraries are not lending books due to the pandemic and we are not yet able to borrow internationally.
- Users who are near to campus (but not following campus Covid testing protocols) may arrange to pick-up E-Z Borrow and Interlibrary loan materials from the Campus and Community Store. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Remote users who are not eligible to borrow physical items from E-Z Borrow and Interlibrary Loan are encouraged to use the Suggest a Purchase form instead and the libraries will work to fill your requests.
- email email@example.com with any questions.