Connecting a Gaming Device:
Register your gaming device for use on the Swarthmore network.
Please follow the instructions below to find the MAC address of your game console for registration.
Microsoft Xbox One
- Press the "Menu" button on your controller.
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- Select Network.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- MAC address will be listed next to Wired MAC on the right hand side of the screen.
Microsoft Xbox 360
To access the Xbox Guide, press the Xbox Guide button on the Xbox 360 controller. The Guide button is silver, in the center of the controller, and has a green X on it.
- Press right until you reach the Settings blade.
- Select System Settings, and then Network Settings.
- Select Configure Network, and then open the Advanced Settings tab.
- Your MAC address will appear under "Wired MAC Address".
- From the HOME menu, highlight and select the System Settings Icon
- Select "Internet Settings"
- Tap "Other Information"
- Tap "Confirm MAC Address" Your system's MAC Address will be displayed on the screen
Nintendo Wii U
- On your Wii U GamePad, go to the menu and select System Setting.
- Choose Internet, and then choose View MAC Address.
- You will find your MAC address listed as the Wifi Adapter MAC Address.
- From the Wii Channel menu, select "Wii Settings" (the round button on the bottom-left of the screen with "Wii" on it).
- Select "Internet," then "Console Settings."
- The MAC address of the Wii console is displayed on the first line.
Sony Playstation 4
- Turn on your Playstation 4 without any disk in the drive and wait for the menu to pop up.
- Navigate to the "Settings" icon (located on the far left).
- Select the "System" icon under the Settings menu.
- Select “System Information."
- You will see your MAC address listed on this screen.
Sony Playstation 3
- Settings -> System Settings -> System Information
- View information on the PS3 system. Your network address will be listed under MAC address.
Sony Playstation Vita
- On the PS Vita’s Home screen, go to Settings.
- Once in Settings, go to System.
- In System, go to System Information.
- Your Wi-Fi MAC address will be listed here.
Sony Playstation Portable
- Navigate to "System Settings";
- Then navigate to "System Information," which is where the MAC address is listed.