Equipment Loan and Manuals
Media Services has the following equipment available for check out:
Laptops*, iPads*, & Accessories
*Please note - Laptops, iPads, and Projectors are only checked out to faculty and staff*
**Chromebooks can be checked out to students**
- Dell Latitude E5400 -14 inch Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.54 GHz 4 GB RAM
- Dell Chromebook
- MacBook Pro Retina Display - 13 inch 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB RAM
- MacBook Air - 13 inch 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB RAM
If you're curious about the merits of the iPad for educational or personal use you can explore new possibilities in mobile computing by checking out one of ours. We have a small selection of iPads available for checkout to faculty and staff.
iPad Pro with Pencil
- Great for handwriting, drawing, or precision input.
- 12.9" display with high speed A9X processor
- Highly responsive pencil with virtually no latency between the Pencil and the screen
- Palm rejection allows you to place your other hand on screen while using the Pencil with no effect
Mac Display Adaptors
Display Adaptors are necessary if you intend on connecting your laptop to a projector or additional display. We have various adaptors available for your Mac device including: VGA, HDMI, and Lightning to HDMI for your iPad or iPhone.
- Chrome OS (Google's operating system)
- Easy access to Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and more
- Lightweight and durable, long battery life
- Best used for accessing internet
Projectors* & Presentation Tools
*Please note - Projectors are only checked out to faculty and staff
We have a small selection of projectors available for faculty and staff to check out on loan. For detailed information on portable projector availability, please contact Media Services or call us at Ext. 6201. Students may contact the Office of Student Engagement at Swarthmore if they wish to check out a projector.
Cameras & Accessories
Canon Powershot G11
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 5x Optical/4x Digital/20x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
- Full automatic and manual settings
- 10 Mega Pixel sensor
- Shoot video in VGA (640 x 480 at 30 fps/30 fps LP) and QVGA (320 x 240 at 30 fps) for up to 1 hour or 4GB per clip
Canon EOS Rebel T1i
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 20x Optical/4x Digital/80x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
- Full automatic and manual settings
- 10 Mega Pixel sensor
- Shoot video in MOV at 640 x 480 (30 fps/30 fps LP), 320 x 240 (30 fps) for up to 60 minutes or 4GB per clip
Canon EOS Rebel T2i, T3i, T4i, T5i, T6i
- Full HD 1080p Video With Manual Exposure
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture the action
- Built-in stereo microphone, manual audio level adjustment
Canon Vixia HF R500
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 HD MP4
- 3" wide touch screen LCD
- Mini HDMI out
- Removable SD memory card
Zoom Q4 Handy Video Recorder
- Full HD 1920x1080 video at 30fps, as well as 720p video at 30 or 60fps
- 2.0" detachable LCD screen unit
- Built in pop-up X/Y condensor microphone
- Digital Zoom takes angle-of-view from 130° to 95°
GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
- Waterproof (with casing) up to 131'/40m
- Records video in 1080p60, 960p100, 720p 120fps
- Time Lapse Mode
- GoPro app + remote compatible
Lytro Light Field Camera
- 8x optical zoom lens with constant f/2 aperture offers a wide range of creative shots
- Unique micro-lens array with digital image sensor captures the color, intensity, and direction of light entering the camera
- Light field engine processes the four-dimensional data captured by the sensor, so you can view it on the screen and refocus with a tap
- 1.52" back-lit LCD glass touchscreen display allows you to control most of the camera functions with a tap or a swipe
Various tripods are available for both video and still cameras.
Zoom H4N Digital Audio Recorder
- Built-in X/Y stereo mics record at either 90° or 120°
- Four channel simultaneous recording using built-in and external mics
- Digitally controlled, high-quality mic preamp for improved audio quality
- Large 1.9-Inch LCD screen and improved user interface for easy operation
P.A. Speakers & Microphones
- 3-channel mixer with 3-band active EQ
- Two high-headroom Mackie Mic/line preamps with 48V phantom power
- Instrument-ready input
Shure SM 58
- Handheld microphone ideal for vocals
- Dynamic cartridge with cardioid polar pattern
Nessie USB Microphone
Perfect for recording vocals, podcasts, voiceovers, audio for YouTube videos and more
Includes professional features like headphone monitoring, mute, pop filter and shockmount
Select from three recording modes - voice, music or raw
Works with your favorite software on Mac or PC
Audio- Technica USB Microphone
- Condenser microphone with USB output to easily connect to your computer
- Perfect for recording vocals, podcasts, voiceovers, audio for YouTube videos and more
- Built-In headphone jack allows you to directly monitor your microphone output without any audible delay
- Works with your favorite software on Mac or PC
Audix Desktop USB Microphone
- Great for voice recording straight into computer via USB connection
- Push to talk button
- Headphone jack for real time monitoring
- Bass roll-off to filter out unwanted frequencies
- Perfect for web-conferencing video and Face-time calls
- 720p HD video calls
- Dual microphones
- Mac and PC compatible
Logitech USB Headset
- Noise cancelling microphone reduces background noise
- Works great for Skype, Google Hangout, and Zoom web-conferencing
Easy to use USB 2.0 connection works with Mac and PC computers
Available by Faculty Request for Classroom Use Only*
iPad Mini Classroom Cart
Explore possibilities for use of mobile devices in fieldwork, research, or anywhere that you or your students aren't seated at traditional work spaces. Please give Media Services at least one week's notice if you'd like us to load specific apps onto the iPads.
- 20 iPad Minis with individual charging/sync stations
- 20 pair of headphones included in the cart bins
- Great for collaborative content creation and mobile data collection
*Please give Media Services at least one week's notice if you'd like us to load specific apps onto the iPads for your class
- Each student uses a "clicker," a portable, handheld device that allows students to vote by "clicking" on the appropriate button for his/her choice.
- Each instructor uses a receiver that collects votes sent by students' clickers. Light and portable, the receiver is powered through any computer's USB port.
- Instructors present a question and enable polling.
- Each student responds by "clicking" the appropriate button for his or her choice.
- A wireless signal is sent immediately from each responding clicker to the receiver.
- The receiver, through i>clicker's easy-to-use software, logs and stores the data of each individual student.
- The instructor can then display voting results in a graph, to the audience.
- The results are also available for later analysis, grading, and exporting to any grade book software or course management system.
- Record audio in the classroom for Podcasting, video narration, and more.
- Please notify Media Services one week prior to the date you would like to reserve the booth.
- Media Services will need 1 hr prep time on the date of reservation.