How to Create a FedEx Shipping Label
- Navigate to the FedEx website and select United States from the Shipping Location drop-down menu. Enter your FedEx user name and password and then click the “Login” button. If you don’t have an existing account, click on the “Register Now” link and then click “Open a FedEx account” to register for an online account. Enter the required registration information, including your name, address and billing information. Agree to FedEx’s Terms and Conditions and then click the “Continue” button.
- Hover your mouse over the Ship tab and select the “Create Shipment” option.
- Click the “Prepare Shipment” tab on the FedEx Ship Manager page and select the “Create Return Shipment” option from the drop-down list.
- Enter your company’s shipment information in the "Return Package To" section and then enter the contact’s required shipping information, including his full name, address and phone number, in the "Return Package From" section
- Click the “Return Label Type” drop-down menu and select whether you want to create a printed return label to include with a shipment, email the return label to the customer, or use an alternative option such as FedEx Express Tag or FedEx Ground Call Tag. When you select the FedEx Express Tag or FedEx Ground Call Tag option, a FedEx courier or driver will take the package from the customer and create the shipping label for returned item.
- Click the “Package Type” drop-down menu and select your preferred return delivery method, including overnight or two-day delivery.
- Enter the required package details, including the type of package being returned (such as box, tube or envelope), the number of packages included in the returned shipment and the weight of the returned item.
- Review your billing information, which will appear automatically in the Billing Details section. To change the billing account, click the “Bill transportation to” drop-down menu and enter an alternative 9-digit FedEx account number.
- Click the “Ship” button to process the shipment and review the shipment details on the confirmation page. The tracking number will also be displayed on the screen. Click the “Ship” button to view the final return label. If you chose the print option as the return label type, click the “Print” button.