Intercultural Center Intern Applications 2018-2019
The Intercultural Center Interns work towards ensuring that the IC Collective’s “community cultural wealth” is leveraged through meaningful collaborations which will cultivate a sense of belonging, inclusion, and community among all students and Student Organizations. Interns develop and implement community programming, build partnerships with different on-campus affinity groups and related constituents, maintain social media presence, and support the IC’s Assistant Director in various administrative roles.
- Maintain 3-6 office hours per week
- Develop and maintain partnerships with student orgs within the IC Collective
- Designs and advertises marketing materials for various programs and resources
- Ensure that IC StuOrgs have the organizational, financial, and institutional resources needed to thrive
- Support with various event management
- Assists with other projects as office needs warrant such as administrative duties
- Assist Heritage Month committees in organizing, event planning, logistics, budgeting, and event execution
- Assist IC StuOrgs with the chartering process, group organization, & leadership transition processes.
- Assist IC StuOrgs with navigating the SBC Funding process & strategize ways to increase, or maximize, existing funds
- Work with IC StuOrgs to secure funding from multiple campus sources for StuOrg driven events/programs
Candidates will need to complete the following steps to successfully apply for the position:
The IC Intern Application utilizes JobX, which will soon become the College's new Student Employment system. For more information on JobX, please visit the JobX and Student Employment page. The link to the IC Intern application is located under "IC Intern Application Materials," below.
After candidates submit their application by the deadline of Sunday, September 2, 2018 11:59pm EST, candidates will receive further communication on interviews for the first two weeks of classes.
- Select “Student Employees.”
- Click “User Dashboard,” at the top of the right hand column.
- Log in with your Swarthmore credentials.
- Click on “Student Employees” in the top navigation.
- Select “Find a Job” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Show All Active Jobs” on the top left of the “Select a Quick Search” box.
- Review the disclaimer for on-campus stipend jobs and click “I Agree.”
- The Intercultural Center Assistant position will appear in the “Active Jobs” list. Click the job title.
- “Click here to apply for this job” on the top left of the screen.
- Read and complete all portions of application, as they contain important information on requirements, dates of employment, training dates, and more.
- Some data will be pre-populated into the application from your Banner account. Please review it to make sure it is correct and up to date.
- Click “Submit.”
The following are dates and times of required trainings that candidates selected as interns must attend. If you cannot fully attend these trainings, you cannot serve as an IC Intern, as they are a requirement of the position.
Fall Retreat: September 16, 2018
Spring Retreat: February 2, 2019
Weekly Check-in Lunches: Wednesdays 12:30pm - 1:00pm