What's New for 2018 Open Enrollment
Enrollment Period: November 6 - 20
The annual Open Enrollment period is generally the only time during the year when you can make changes to your benefit elections and enroll or disenroll yourself and/or your dependents. This year’s Open Enrollment will be active, meaning that all employees are required to participate by confirming elections and dependent information online. Please note that this change has been implemented in order for the College to comply with Affordable Health Care reporting requirements.
The open enrollment period will begin on Monday, November 6 through Monday, November 20. If you currently participate in a Medical Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, or Health Savings Account, you must actively elect to re-enroll in this account by Monday, November 20.
Helpful Hints for making your benefit elections
Please log on to mySwarthmore, our online benefits enrollment system, starting Monday, November 6 through Monday, November 20 to confirm and/or make changes to your 2018 Open Enrollment elections. Before you make your elections through mySwarthmore, consider the following:
- Review your current enrollment information. Go to mySwarthmore and log in using your network credentials. To view your current benefit elections, choose Employee from the menu bar right below mySwarthmore banner, and then click on Open Enrollment link. During this active enrollment period, you must confirm and/or update your elections for 2018.
- Read through the Open Enrollment Guide and familiarize yourself with the different options you have during this Open Enrollment period.
- If you enroll in the Keystone HMO or POS plan for the first time you will need your Primary Care Physician (PCP) number to finalize your enrollment in these plans. You can find your PCP number on ibx.com.
- Complete the online enrollment via mySwarthmore. If you decide that you will not make any changes, you must still complete the enrollment process to confirm your elections.
- Per the Affordable Care Act, your benefit information will now be standard, plain language format known as a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC's). The SBC's will review in more detail, and with examples, how your medical plan works. These SBC's will be available in hard copy at the Benefits and Wellness fair, and are available online below. Lastly, the SBC's will be available on your ibxpress.com member portal.
- Save the confirmation page and retain it for your records.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS AND HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNTS:
If you want to enroll or continue your enrollment in either the Medical Flexible Spending Account, the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, or the Health Savings Account you MUST ENROLL EVERY YEAR. Your current elections will not be rolled forward.
New this year, you may enroll in a limited-purpose Flexible Spending Account. If you have a Health Savings Account (HSA) the IRS eligibility rules don’t allow you to also have a Health Care FSA. A Limited Purpose FSA is designed specifically for employees who enroll in the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) and have an HSA. A Limited Purpose FSA is available for reimbursement of dental and vision expenses only.
If you are interested in enrolling in a Limited Purpose FSA for 2018, please contact John Cline (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Diane Echternach (email@example.com) before the end of the open enrollment period on November 20, 2017.
Health Savings Account ("HSA")
- If you selected the High Deductible Health Plan, you have the option to enroll in a Health Savings Account that allows you to save pre-tax for your annual deductible as well as other qualified medical expenses now and in the future.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Care Flexible Spending account contributions are limited to $2,650 per year and Dependent Care Flexible Spending account contributions are limited to $5,000 per year.
Open Enrollment Materials
- Benefits Enrollment Guide [pdf]
- Keystone HMO & POS and Personal Choice PPO & HDHP Plan Summaries [pdf]
- Covered Preventative Services [pdf]
- Vision Plan Summary [pdf]
- Dental Plan Summary [pdf]
- CHIP Notice [pdf]
Summaries of Benefit Coverage
- Keystone HMO [pdf]
- Keystone Point of Service [pdf]
- Personal Choice PPO [pdf]
- Personal Choice HDHP [pdf]
Benefit Rates For 2018
Other Forms and Coverage Descriptions for voluntary benefit enrollment
- Additional Life Insurance and Additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance [pdf]
- Aetna Enrollment Form [pdf]
- Aetna Evidence of Insurability Application [pdf]
- MetLaw Plan Description [pdf]
- Long Term Disability Tax Explanation [pdf]