Canadian Yearly Meeting
A separate Half-Year's Meeting in Canada was established in 1810. It included the Monthly Meeting at Adolphus which had been set off from Nine Partners Quarter (New York Yearly Meeting) as well as Yonge Street and Pelham Monthly Meetings from Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. The Hicksite meetings came under the care of Genesee Yearly Meeting when that body was established in 1834. Canada Yearly Meeting (Orthodox) was established in 1867. Canadian Yearly Meeting opened in 1955 and included the branches of Canada (Conservative), Canada (FUM), and the Canadian meetings in Genesee Yearly Meeting.
The original records of Canadian Yearly Meeting are currently on deposit at Pickering College in Newmarket, Ontario; however, as of October 2019, this facility is closed. Friends Historical Library holds a collection of microfilm of the records of Canadian Yearly Meeting. Ancestry.com has also scanned the records from 1786-1988 and they are searchable here from our Reading Room >> https://search.ancestryinstitution.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=60521
We have also been working to support the important transcription projects of Canadian Friends Historical Association by supplying surrogates of monthly meeting records from our collections. Transcripts of relevant minutes of monthly meetings in New York and Genesee Yearly Meetings are available on their website >>http://www.cfha.info/transcriptions