Visitors and Vendors
At this time and until further notice, the College is prohibiting spectators — including students, faculty, and staff members — from attending campus events, such as athletic contests.
Visitors include prospective students and their families, spectators at athletic events or music/theater performances, or those attending lectures.
Swarthmore College campus is currently open to visitors. All visitors who are 12 and older are required to either be fully vaccinated or have a valid, negative PCR or rapid COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of visiting campus. While we do not intend to collect this information, visitors may be asked to show proof of either their vaccination status or a negative test result while on campus.
All visitors are required to remain masked while indoors and at designated outdoor events. Please review the College’s masking policy for additional information.
At this time, due to the nature of the activity that occurs inside the Matchbox fitness center, it remains restricted to current authorized students, faculty, and staff members who have filled out the “Assumption of Risk/Release of Liability” and “PAR-Q” (physical activity readiness questionnaire) through MySwarthmore.
In most cases*, and in non-emergency situations, contractors, vendors, and individuals hired by the College or otherwise rendering some service to help the College carry out its day-to-day operations (“vendors”) and who, to do so, need to enter campus buildings, must be fully vaccinated and also adhere to the College’s masking requirements and all other COVID-19 policies.
Campus community members who oversee or are in charge of securing vendors for various reasons must supply them with a link to the College’s COVID-19 Vaccination Verification Form. The form must be completed by the vendor at least one week prior to the individual(s) coming to campus. Vendors cannot be exempt from the College’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
- The primary point of contact for the College is responsible for supplying the vendor with a link to the College’s COVID-19 Vaccination Verification Form.
- The vendor must complete the form at least one week prior to coming to campus.
- If it is an ongoing arrangement that requires an individual to come to campus multiple times, the vendor only needs to complete the form prior to the first visit of the fall semester. The College will reevaluate the policy prior to the spring 2022 semester.
- Once the form is completed by the vendor, the primary point of contact at the College will receive an email from the COVID-19 Planning Group confirming the vendor’s status.
- If the primary point of contact does not receive a verification email from the vendor, the vendor has not completed the form and is therefore not approved to come inside campus facilities.
* The College has already communicated vaccination and other health and safety requirements to certain vendors who oversee a large number of contractors on campus, such as those involved in the construction of the Dining and Community Commons. They are not required to fill out the College’s COVID-19 Vaccination Verification Form.
What Is and Isn't Open on Campus
The Admissions Office is open 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F and 9:30 a.m. - 12 noon on select Saturdays. Prospective students and families are welcome to visit for limited small group sessions, tours, or for a self-guided tour. For the health and safety of our campus community, all visitors must register in advance for an Admissions-guided visit or for a self-guided tour.
Campus & Community Store
The Campus & Community Store is open to the public. Please visit our website for the most up to date business hours. Masks and physical distancing are required for all store visitors.
Inn at Swarthmore and the Broad Table Tavern
Broad Table Tavern is open to the public for dine-in and to-go meals during business hours. Please feel free to make a reservation via Resy for your dine-in experience.
Public access to the libraries, with the exception of limited research appointments to Special Collections, is suspended until Jan. 31. McCabe Library is open to students, faculty, staff members, and the immediate family members of faculty and staff.
Matchbox Fitness Center
Access to the Matchbox remains limited to authorized students, faculty, and staff members who have filled out the “Assumption of Risk/Release of Liability” and “PAR-Q” (physical activity readiness questionnaire) through MySwarthmore. In addition, individuals who use the Matchbox must now remain masked at all times, including while exercising.