- Are tickets required for Commencement?
No, this year no tickets are required for any of the events during Commencement weekend.
- When does the Ceremony start?
10 a.m. and seating begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Will there be seating inside?
- Yes, we have multiple rooms available for live streaming including the Lang Performings Arts Center, the Scheuer Room in Kohlberg Hall,The Scheuer Room is dedicated to families with young children.
- There will be English translation live streamed in the Lang Performing Arts Center. Mandarin translation will be live streamed in Science Center Cunniff Room (199) and Spanish translation will be livestreamed in Science Center Chang Hou Room (101).
- Where can I see the program for the day?
- Will Sharples be open all day?
- No, it will be open the hours of 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- There will be water available during the entire program.
- Where can I park?
- The closest parking to the Commencement site are the Cunningham South Student Parking lot and the adjacent SEPTA parking lot.
- Additional parking on the south side of campus is available in the Field House parking and West Field House Lane parking lots.
- Additional parking on the north side of campus is available in the Whittier, DuPont and Water Tower parking lots.
- There is also parking available on Myers Avenue to the east of the train station, and in the parking lots at Swarthmore Rutledge Elementary School on College Avenue
- Accessible parking is in the Benjamin West Parking lot.
- See the College map for parking information.
- Are pets allowed?
ONLY service animals will be allowed.
- Accessibility offerings?
- American Sign Language interpreters will be on screen and on the stage.
- Guests with mobility or hearing disabilities, please contact Susan Smythe by phone at (610) 690-2063 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for the services
- Assistive listening devices will be available for Baccalaureate and Commencement. Please contact Susan Smythe for more information. In LPAC, assistive listening devices will be provided by the ushers. Please plan on leaving an ID and phone number as a deposit.
- Guests may contact Susan Smythe by May 16 to arrange to reserve seats in the accessible seating section. Seating is limited and can be in direct sunlight. Sunscreen is recommended.
- Commencement is live streamed to LPAC, a comfortable, wheelchair-accessible, air-conditioned space with accessible bathrooms nearby. All guests are welcome to watch the ceremony in the LPAC. No tickets are required.
- Persons with mobility issues are given priority in golf cart shuttles at all three lots. Buses shuttle from the Field House Lane and north Campus parking lots. In addition, a van equipped for wheelchair transport will shuttle from the Field House lot.
- What’s the COVID policy?
All visitors, including alumni and parents, must be up to date on their vaccinations or have a negative rapid antigen test result within 24 hours of coming to campus. The College considers individuals up to date on their COVID-19 vaccine if they have received both an initial, primary series of vaccinations AND a COVID-19 booster shot as soon as they are eligible.
- What if it rains?
In case of severe weather (e.g. lightning or strong wind gusts), we may decide to delay the ceremony (by two hours). Every effort will be made to hold the ceremony on Mertz Lawn. Delay will occur if conditions are deemed too hazardous to proceed outdoors. Should it be necessary to evacuate the lawn, please locate the nearest Garnet Banner, which is positioned at entry points to nearby buildings. College personnel will be available to assist and provide instructions.
- Where can I pick up my regalia?
Pre-ordered regalia may be picked up at the Swarthmore Campus & Community Store between 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday, May 18, through Saturday, May 21. The graduating senior must come to the Store in person and show their College ID. Regalia may not be picked up by friends or family.
- When is our rehearsal?
Rehearsal will take place on Friday, May 20 at 2:00 pm on Mertz Lawn. Students should attend this, since it will make the eventual processing and crossing the stage to receive your diploma much less effortful.
- Who do I contact if I have a question not answered?
Contact your student dean or you can email email@example.com.
- When can I pick up my regalia?
- Regalia can be picked up at the Campus & Community Store from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 21, 2022.
- If you did not reserve regalia through the order form, there will be extra regalia in various sizes available for you to pick up at the Campus & Community Store.
- Where can I see the full schedule of events for the Class of 2020?
You can find the full schedule online here: Class of 2020 Events
- Will the Class of 2020 process in Commencement on Sunday, May 22?
Yes. At 9:45 a.m. on Sunday, May 22, the Class of 2020 will line up in pairs in front of Parrish Hall behind the Class of 2022.
- I didn’t RSVP, who do I contact about attending?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 6.
- I am staying on campus that weekend. How did I pick up my key?
Room keys are available for pick up at the Swarthmore Campus & Community Store between 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 6 p.m. on Saturday, May 21. Please take them to Public Safety for check-out.
- I didn’t get my room assignment. Who do I contact?
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Who do I contact if I have a question not answered?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org.